Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Our jobs and the entire airline industry is about to implode............

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That was absofrickinlutely awesome! I want to print it out in a nice font and frame it on my wall, and give copies to everyone I know.

It just points out the true price of everything we pay for. I make a conscious effort not to be as 'cheap' of a pilot I used to be for that very same reason.

Capt Steve Rocks...

Why can't anyone get it f**king right. We can work up to 16 hours a day, not "up to 12 or 13 hours."

Idiot wrote what could have been a great article, and then screwed up the actual important stuff, like figures and numbers.

Article sucked, sorry. Without the hard truth, it's just another shi**y read.

Judging from the replies below the article, it is clear that people just don't care. That is, until it's THEIR aircraft that just had the catastrophic mechanical failure and they're wondering if the "cry baby" up front will save their worthless behind.

Many good points.. I especially thought the ending was insightful.. I think he is right about the bigger picture, but probably not about the form it will take.

I see a future in which foreign airlines are allowed to operate regional carriers first, then some may try for control of the majors. I can totally see Mexican or Columbian pilots flying RJs in the U.S. soon. I won't be on one, but they will be flying the RJs within 10 years-bet on it. Just look at what NAFTA brought us with the trucking industry.

-Call me a racist if you wish, but I have seen AeroMexico, Taca, and Mexicana at work-many times. If these guys are any example of south-of-the border professionalism, my racist pink ass will never be on any of their planes!

The writing on the wall has been around for about 5 years... maybe more....

Either pilots want to read it and believe it or not....

I think that if Capt. Steve wanted to make us look like fools to the general public he accomplished just that.

The writing on the wall has been around for about 5 years... maybe more....

Either pilots want to read it and believe it or not....

How has ALPA dealt with the lack of experience and low entry requirements? Either ALPA wanted to deal with or not......

Ironically....it now may be dealt with....after the fact.....and without ALPA....

I can totally see Mexican or Columbian pilots flying RJs in the U.S. soon. I won't be on one, but they will be flying the RJs within 10 years-bet on it. Just look at what NAFTA brought us with the trucking industry.

First of all, it is Colombian pilots. Have you done any research on how much they are making flying the RJ's in their own country vs. the cost of living? it is a pay cut for them, isn't that sad?

Very well written for sure. Problem is, if he is a 'season international pilot' and a major captain then he was around when they negotiated away the jets to the regionals because he was too busy looking forward to that Rio 3 day.

If he really wanted to make a difference he would realize that the regionals have zero negotiating leverage. If the pilots of comairs, colgan and mesas all walked out today the airlines woudl just replace them with quick upgrades at republic and skywest.

I am intellectually honest enough to admit i got into flying with the hope of flying a 777 to rome, not a 70 seater to JAN. But at close to 40, and close to 10 years at a regional it just doesnt make sense to make a move ( not there are any moves to make now anyway). Given the system and situation I will continue to fight for everything I can to take care of my family. Now, I wonder if captain steve is intellectually honest to admit him and his peers created this mess.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back