• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Our Fault?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pretty good one Gun. Like the new avatar as well.

Typical Trip

On Friday, Pick up a man, wife and two teenage daughters in BED who are paying $8400/hr for the Citation X on a jetcard and take them to SFO to go shopping for the weekend. They fly back Sunday afternoon.

10hrs on the X $84K to buy a few thousand dollars worth of gifts in SFO.

How much were those user's fees going to add to this cost?

Gifts bought in SFO -- $6000

Private Jet costs: -- $84,000

Greenpeace decal on the back window of your LEXUS -- $10

Avoiding TSA and all the annoying little people who fly commercial -- PRICELESS!

That pretty much sums it up. Well said.

In July AA, DAL, NWA, UAL and USAir all have articles by their CEO's telling people how "they" pay 94% of the cost of the ATC system while "rich fat cats" only pay 6% but yet use up 50% of the system resources.

I'd like to see where those numbers came from. Seriously, 50% of ATC resources? I blame airport congestion on regional jets and poor schedules.

I'd agree with that. The centers exist primarily to handle enroute airline traffic. General Aviation gets by on excess capacity. Think about how many private aircraft you hear on frequency in the flight levels vs. how many airliners you hear.

The last I heard, the airlines were operating more flights, but producing fewer seats. That spells RJ to me.

Wouldn't it be interesting if someone starting demanding that airline employee travel become "taxable income." They want to start a pissing contest???

Interesting....airline non-rev travel could be considered a taxable benefit....such as a bonus, company provided life insurance, etc.

I'd like to see where those numbers came from. Seriously, 50% of ATC resources? I blame airport congestion on regional jets and poor schedules.

Exactly!!!! 50% of resources my a$$. But they can say whatever they want because of the fact that the general public is very stupid about all this, when you get right down to it. To them every private jet is a Lear.

I really wonder when the airlines are going to take responibility for their actions??? Meaning their lack of smarts. I'm personally sick of letting them have my tax dollars. The 10 billion they said they needed after 9/11 is all the money I'm willing to give to them.

Latest resources

Back