Ots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MECEPGrad said:
I wish I was in the Air Force? Thanks for telling me because I never knew. Yeah, TBS sucks, that's why I said be glad you don't have to do it.

Any other reading comprehension questions I can help you with?

In the context of this thread you are correct. I just jumped on the AD SUPT Hopeful bashing bandwagon.

Thanks everyone for the insight, Im not avoiding any of the other services especially not the marines just because of TBS. And im glad to hear it isnt all warrior knowledge, I did a couple year stint in AFROTC and week in week out we had warrior knowledge quizzes. Every semester we would have the same quiz as last semester. how does Navy OCS compare, i got accepted for their bachelor degree completion program but turned it down. Just curious...

Almerick07 said:
how does Navy OCS compare, i got accepted for their bachelor degree completion program but turned it down. Just curious...

You turned down BDCP? There are people out there who would give anything to get into that program. I'm sure you had your reasons.

Navy OCS is 13 weeks in Pensacola. Not so deep in the warrior type training, some PT, lots of classes, inspections, etc etc. There's a few weeks at the end where you are a "candi-O" and essentially help wrangle the new OCS classes until they figure out what they're doing. Then once you finish and get commissioned, you just go right across the street (literally) to Schools Command and wait for your API start date. All this assumes you have been selected for pilot or NFO.

If you poke around and do some searches you can find several people who put a ton of OCS info on their on sites.

You turned down BDCP? There are people out there who would give anything to get into that program. I'm sure you had your reasons.
It was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made in my life, I was pilot select and would have loved to fly on and off of a boat but youre right I had my reasons and dont have any regrets....yet. Although it was not as hard as I have heard from people, took about 4 months total and the recruiters really made it seem like they were hurting for pilots and NFO's.

So i guess marines are the only ones who really have it rough...does the air force OTS do that at all "candi-o"?

OTS is 3 months of agressive gayness. Easy, but gay. Dude, that's all I can say. BTW, is there any decent surf in Puerto Rico?

More that OTS needs retuning, I think there is no shortage of people in the USAF who realize that the USAF as a whole (but mostly non-ops) could stand some movement towards more of a war-fighting mentality and less of a OPR/EPR/awards writing mentality. I did not read the article, but I noticed a headline in the Air Force Times that indicated the Air Staff is now wearing utility uniforms --- WTFO!!! The fact that the USAF leadership is wearing utility uniforms is worthy of press????

AD SUPT Hopeful said:
You dork, are we gonna surf PR or what?

Dude, I got outbid on my vacation...but no worries! I have some strategic sick calls left over.

I forgot to mention that we have a 10 foot dinghy with a 30 HP to hit the outer reefs on the north side.

You may proceed with the logistics of the trip. I'll give you a call with the details.

Your Daddy.

Latest resources

Back