Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Huggyu2

Live to fly; fly to live
OK, military guys: who's going this year to Oshkosh? If you're going, are you on leave or bringing an airplane?

Hello Huggy, Forgive my ignorince but what is OshKosh? I am unformiliar with the term. Ignorance is cureable. Stupid is not. Flame me at your pleasure :)

I goofed the spelling in the title, but "Oshkosh" is the common term for EAA's AirVenture, held the last week of July at Wittman Regional, Wisconsin. It's "an event". There's an airshow, but it is so much more. About 12,000--14,000 aircraft show up. Every manufacturer will have displays, there are speakers, etc.... It's pretty cool. Everyone who loves aviation should make of goal of getting there in the next 3 years.

Lodging: looks like we're camping. However, we've got friends, and might pick up a few nights a their house. Also, we'll keep checking on hotel rooms, and when a cancellation opens up, we'll grab it.

Thanx Huggyu2 for the information. It sounds like a lot of fun. I knew nearly every jet fighter in the world by sight when I was young. Unfortunetly I can't say that now.

Garex,
There are very few jets at Oshkosh. The event is the largest annual gathering of the Experimental Aircraft Association, as as such most of the participating aircraft are homebuilts, antique/classics, and warbirds. It's a truly incredible week, and I think everyone should make it a point to go at least once!

Latest resources

Back