• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ORF/PHF shutting down for good?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Haven't had an overnight there long enough to hit downtown, but I do love that steakhouse. Great steak, and awesome eye candy.

Last time I was there, I was bragging to the CA about how good it was and how hot the servers were. Ended up going over there with some ALG folks, and we got the only male server in the place. Thank God the bossman sent him out for something and we got one of the hotties, or that CA would have strung me up. I got a hell of a laugh out of it though. All the tables around us had hotties working there tables, and there we are with this tool. You should have seen the look on the CA's face, and the small amount of drool that came down from his chin everytime one of those girls walked by.....

Are any base/s at Piedmont good for being home at night if you live in base? I have heard Piedmont has a relatively good contract but what makes it good?

ROA has a lot of out and backs. Low cost of living, and an awesome bunch of folks to work with. Some of the most easy going in the company. Also lots to do on days off, and a good nightlife.

They also have decent trips out of there, with flight to LGA, PHL, and CLT. You'll get around the system quite a bit being based there.

As far as the contract, it provides block or better, cancellation pay, minimum day, and a trip rig (among other things). Simply put, if you're scheduled to fly 2 hrs on an out and back, you get paid 4 hours for it. If the trip cancels, you still get 4 hours. It does have some holes, but it is equal to or better than most of the regionals out there. PDT isn't the best place to work, but you can do a lot worse. Also, you'll work with some of the best folks in the industry.

Yeah, those girls at the steak house still wear the painted on jeans and boots. Love those tiny little... Excuse me while I go wake up my wife.....

Last edited:
Doubtful you could hold one of those out/back lines anyway. Even with 3+ years, I only managed 1 out/back line while in ROA. 'Course, we had a 15 year(+/-) FO at the top there that got all the good ones. If you can get ROA, go with it. Fun town and not too expensive.

OPEC, my C.P. said to tell you hello. Next time you are in town, come down and see us.

I'll do that blzr. Enjoy that ride down there. Its a nice one! I saw a 65 on the ramp the other day when I was going to work. Nice looking airplane. Thought it might be ya'll.

Things have moved around a lot since you've gone. ROA is up to 30 plus lines every month. Most have a lot of out and backs. If I were based there, I'd be in the top 10 in base. I think you know what my DOH is based on past conversations, so that'll give you the general idea of where things stand on the seniority list. We also have 10,000 employee number CAs now if you can believe that...

I flew with NL right after you sent me that PM. He sends his regards and hopes you're enjoying the job!

I switched bases from ROA last month...when I left there were 27 lines...had been decreasing by a line or so each month for the past 6 months. I wonder what base will pick up this ORF/PHF flying? It has to go somewhere right? :confused: ORF will be gone by the new year and CLT lines are unfortunately deminishing. Anyone heard anything as to whether PHF will remain open? Someone has to keep feeding all of the Southern towns where there is no other airline alternative.

Latest resources

Back