O'reilly talking about AA flight w/10 hr wait

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mach8Forest,

Now that’s a first – pilots calling to the rampers and asking if they should divert. Yeah, like that happens all the time.

BTW, your posts are also making it over to C&R and even the former T-Way pilots are embarrassed by the garbage in your posts.

Why is the number of your posts stuck at 78?

AA767AV8TOR
It did happen and he was asking where to go.
I have been away from that sick culture for so long I forget what C @ R is? Is that part of the tell on your fellow employee culture you all so eloquently brought to TWA.
Hey we had 2500 +pilots and I am sure that there may be one maybe 2 that don't agree with me on many issues (ha ha). Do the Math Einstein if you’re able to as I am sure all of the AAholes agree with you. If you are flying with them then they are still captains and did not get thrown on the street for a new hire. From their perspective I am guessing that their view would be a little different than the 88 and 89 Captain hires at TWA.
You would be surprised how many Natives are embarrassed by your posts.
Why 78 posts?
Mach8

Im not being a Monday morning quarterback. BUT if I was the captain I would have declared an emergency if nothing I did resloved the problem. When they asked me why, I would say that some of the passengers no longer looked physically and emotionally fit to be on an airplane any longer. Some of them looked like they were about to have a heart attack. Plus I am too tired to fly any longer. I would no longer be fit to fly due to fatigue making the the release that I just signed null and void. No Captain, no go. That would make me an incapacitated crew member. Then I would call my union and hope they have the balls to stand by me. Captains authority has really gone down the drains. No one quesitons a doctor when it comes to his clients, why question a captain when it comes to the people he is responsible for.

Because we have aloud them to! When you walk into a Doctors office or a Dentist office you see the resemblance of respect from his nurses and office staff. That respect is lacking horribly in the US as far as Pilots are concerned with co workers and support staff for flight. We have only ourselves to blame for this.
Mach8

"Please?" Wow, you're actually being polite with me! Sorry, had to comment on that. There is hope!

I actually agree with you about that CA... if it were up to me, I would have pulled up to whatever gate, like what AAflyer said, and deplaned there. Most CAs here would have done the same thing... this dude is definitely an exception (all airlines have 'em.)

Despite your blatant hatred of me, Mach, my offer of hashing it out over a few beers on me still stands. See ya in da SLT soon, bro. 73

:beer:

Don't go soft on me now Punkboy73!
Mach8

I had a situation occur recently that was similar, though not to this magnitude. We couldnt' get back in to DTW due to an RVR of 1000, after holding for 1:15 we diverted to CLE. Gate space was limited and NWA aircraft were already on the gates so I was told to wait.

After about an hour, I grew tired of the continuous litany of "we don't know when the gates will open up, call us back in 15 minutes", especially after making several suggestions on how to get the folks off. Finally, after 3.5 hours of being on the a/c, I decided to go for broke. I told the spineless station manager, "you've got 30 more minutes and then I'm telling ground that we need to taxi over to the IX Jet Center where I will offload the airplane and allow the passengers to go into their terminal."

Fifteen minutes later, we were parked AT a gate. Sometimes it just takes the right level or persuasion to get things done. :)

I had a situation occur recently that was similar, though not to this magnitude. We couldnt' get back in to DTW due to an RVR of 1000, after holding for 1:15 we diverted to CLE. Gate space was limited and NWA aircraft were already on the gates so I was told to wait.

After about an hour, I grew tired of the continuous litany of "we don't know when the gates will open up, call us back in 15 minutes", especially after making several suggestions on how to get the folks off. Finally, after 3.5 hours of being on the a/c, I decided to go for broke. I told the spineless station manager, "you've got 30 more minutes and then I'm telling ground that we need to taxi over to the IX Jet Center where I will offload the airplane and allow the passengers to go into their terminal."

Fifteen minutes later, we were parked AT a gate. Sometimes it just takes the right level or persuasion to get things done. :)

Thats what I am talking about as far as responsibility and action is concerned. Way to go Cokie907 for not sitting there for 8 plus hours because a ramp agent or station manager told you to.
Mach8

Somebody should've popped the overwing exit. I can almost guarantee that noboody would've gone to jail over that one.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back