ORD - SDF Jump Seat?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

koko nw

Hey folks, trying to jump seat from Ord to Sdf next week. I'm currently on Mil Leave and it's been a while since I've jump seated on one of our express partners...like since pre 9-11

I was wondering if you guy's could help me out and let me know if there's an actual jump seat on the crj 70 that flies there or is a "jumpseat" only available if there's seats open in the back? I can list standby but am wondering if that's a busy section for jump seater's?

Thanks Again, and I apologize since the last time I jump seated on our partners was from Den- grand junction awhile back and I was just wondering what the procedures you folks have.

Koko

there are frequently a descent amount of commuters on the UAX side as Chicago is Chicago and SDF is a base for CHQ....not sure if your trying the American Eagle side....dont really know there....good luck

For someone in aviation, you ask some silly questions?

No soup for You!

Sorry to get on your nerves. Furloughed for awhile, now just coming back on property and need to get to SDF via an express partner. Most of my jump seating was done from SEA-SFO on our mainline while employed, so forgive my lack of knowledge, just trying not to step on it while asking for the jumpseat from a fellow pilot.

koko

there are frequently a descent amount of commuters on the UAX side as Chicago is Chicago and SDF is a base for CHQ....not sure if your trying the American Eagle side....dont really know there....good luck

Thanks for the info, trying on UAL side first then American Eagle if that doesnt work out.

Appreciate it.

Koko

Don't count on much luck on AE. Those flights are consitently booked to within 3 open seats if not overbooked. I don't normally make the commute myself, but my occasional visit to family never comes easy. ORD LEX is a much better commute with a 1 1/2hr drive. You might try MDW SDF on SW

No soup for You!

Sorry to get on your nerves. Furloughed for awhile, now just coming back on property and need to get to SDF via an express partner. Most of my jump seating was done from SEA-SFO on our mainline while employed, so forgive my lack of knowledge, just trying not to step on it while asking for the jumpseat from a fellow pilot.

koko

So, are you currently actively employed at a 121 air carrier? Have an airline ID? Familiar with CASS?

I do that commute for work, like 5 times a month....hate it. Its a very heavily booked segment and most 50 seaters end up being overweight for the actual JS use. Honestly I would try southwest out of MDW....at least you can use the JS.

Latest resources

Back