• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Options stand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My guess. NJA realizing the mistake of ordering the 400XP anounces that all 400XPs will transpher to Europe with remaining orders turning into 800xp's or horizions. Then NJA buys CS and orders more CJ3's.

be-400xpdriver said:
My guess. NJA realizing the mistake of ordering the 400XP anounces that all 400XPs will transpher to Europe with remaining orders turning into 800xp's or horizions. Then NJA buys CS and orders more CJ3's.

Have the 400XPs been selling well in the US for NJA? You say "mistake" - how is that the case? I agree that the CJ3 is probably the better choice in terms of performance but I have heard that the Beechjet is well liked by passengers... How has NJA been having problems with the aircraft?

Would any of the MEC's of Netjets Local 1108 like confirm that they signed a non-disclosure agreement with management????

If this is true, wonder what the pressing news is?

Just Peachy said:
Well noshootsherlock... there is a reason why all of a sudden mgmt at NJA decided to offer us a much, much, better deal.. STILL not what we wanted but a start.

The negotiations team felt the company was pushing to "get it done" for a reason. Of couse no one knows (pilots) what the hell the reason is but it will come forth in due time.

Last edited:
Heavy Set said:
Have the 400XPs been selling well in the US for NJA? You say "mistake" - how is that the case? I agree that the CJ3 is probably the better choice in terms of performance but I have heard that the Beechjet is well liked by passengers... How has NJA been having problems with the aircraft?

"It has not been the plane we thought it would be" quote from senior management at NJA. I have asked the sales people and it has not been selling well. It has half the baggage of the ultra. It has no range. When you need the anti-ice on you will not be flying. You take a 3.1% hit on your climb gradient with the anti-ice on and when you start with only a 3.5% climg gradient to begin with you are not going any where. I have had some owners like it but the majority either dont like it or say it is ok but would not sell their ultra share and transpher like NJA wanted.

Last edited:
be-400xpdriver said:
"It has not been the plane we thought it would be" quote from senior management at NJA. I have asked the sales man and it has not been selling well. It has half the baggage of the ultra. It has not range. When you need the anti-ice on you will not be flying. You take a 3.1% hit on your climb gradient with the anti-ice on and when you start with only a 3.5% climg gradient to begin with you are not going any where. I have had some owners like it but the majority either dont like it or say it is ok but would not sell their ultra share and transpher like NJA wanted.

Also, the CJ3 and LR40 are much better light jets all around. Many former Ultra owners are going there.

The cover story in the Dec '05 issue of Flying magazine is "Hawker 400xp - Light Jet Leader for the Long Run." McClellan calls it an "eternal design because it fits the criteria of best cabin comfort for the money, a good balance of performance characteristics, and continuous improvement." Uh huh. :rolleyes:

It ain't called the BeechJUNK for nothing... I'd love to see a comparison with the CJ3 and L40 in terms of performance and price.

That being said, ACA Terry flies one for NJA and he seems to like it - love to hear his positive impressions...

400 xp VS lr 40 or Ultra

Have 800 hrs in the be 400 ( 1/2 hawker)

Would take an Ultra or lear any day of the week

unless of course you want some practice for the L10-11 with a complete hydraulic failure and the day to day beechjunk flying characterists are spot on

Ultra Grump said:
The cover story in the Dec '05 issue of Flying magazine is "Hawker 400xp - Light Jet Leader for the Long Run." McClellan calls it an "eternal design because it fits the criteria of best cabin comfort for the money, a good balance of performance characteristics, and continuous improvement." Uh huh. :rolleyes:

That writer has never seen an aircraft he doesn't like. He needed to set the crack pipe down before he wrote that BS. It is a VFR jet. Any time the heats have to come on, or the run way is anything but bare and wet, you probably aren't going..........

Pile of crap aircraft. One of the dumbest things NJA has ever done.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back