Options Questions

79%N1

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 19, 2002
Posts
2,441
Total Time
2 many
I know I can enter a search, but I'm too lazy.....

1. How much can a guy realistically expect to make first year
2. How long to left seat
3. Can you pick or bid your domicile or is it assigned
4. Can newhires get the wide body a/c
5. What is a typical schedule/rotation
6. Any good benefits of working there as opposed to a regional

Thanks for taking the time to add your insights.....
 

Dep676

My Glock is bigger!!!!!
Joined
Nov 25, 2001
Posts
1,003
Total Time
Enough
79%N1 said:
I know I can enter a search, but I'm too lazy.....

1. How much can a guy realistically expect to make first year
2. How long to left seat
3. Can you pick or bid your domicile or is it assigned
4. Can newhires get the wide body a/c
5. What is a typical schedule/rotation
6. Any good benefits of working there as opposed to a regional

Thanks for taking the time to add your insights.....
Well I will do my best.

1. 34k plus per-diem, unless you like OT.
2. Who knows probably at least 5 years. By then you are making the same as first year captain. That is if you do not move to another airframe.
3. I think it is picked for you.
4. NO!!!!!!!!!!!
5. Well all new hires are on the flex schedule. Not actually sure what it is. I know it is some 21 day schedule. However you only work 15 days a month. Also from what I hear they can only work for 8 days in a row at a time.
6. I can only see one benefit. You do not have to worry about bumming a ride to work. They buy you a ticket to work. Then again with these new domiciles I am not sure how airlining you do.

Other than that people are jumping ship faster than the people did after the Titantic hit the iceberg. So be cautious and do not believe much of anything they tell you about upgrades and new planes coming on property. I was told upgrade in 18 to 24 months. Well it is going on 4 years for me and no left seat even in sight.

Oh yeah if you do come onboard, get your card sent in first thing.
 

hawkercpt

oh crap! Now what?
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Posts
212
Total Time
5700?
I know I can enter a search, but I'm too lazy.....

1. How much can a guy realistically expect to make first year
2. How long to left seat
3. Can you pick or bid your domicile or is it assigned
4. Can newhires get the wide body a/c
5. What is a typical schedule/rotation
6. Any good benefits of working there as opposed to a regional

Thanks for taking the time to add your insights.....

1.$36000
2.5 yrs
3.assigned as to where they are hiring
4.negative
5.all new hires assigned to a "flex schedule"
6.don't have to buy your own uniforms???
 

AceCrackshot

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2003
Posts
380
Total Time
4500
All the above are true...also keep in mind a few things.

1) This company, in the recent past has used contract pilots instead of upgrading current employees.

2) In thirty years of aviation, I never saw a more compliant and pro-company labor as this one. In the last year, that has evaporated entirely.

3) Every SIC I know has sent out at least one resume in the past year. Every one.

4) If Netjets relaxed its new hire domicile policy in the TA, there would be a race for the exits for the bottom half of the seniority list. Every one I know would leave. No SIC believes he has any career progression here.

5) Crewing is at less than 4 per airplane. Do the math.

6) You will work 14 hours on, ten off, until you scream fatigued. Currently, they are very understanding regarding fatigue calls, at least on the preowned side.

7) Health insurance is actually pretty good. The old RTA guys whinch, but it isn't bad.

8) The SOPs, our work rules, are subject to change with little notice, and are written primarily with the company in mind. For example, the time change/fatigue provisions are written with exactly two aircraft and 1% of our missions flown in mind. Our circadian low period provision was wittled away from adequate to "a joke" by the fiat of the management.

9) The union drive will succeed, and I believe it will be bloody. Not that I want it that way, but there it is.

10) For now, the company is pretty responsible regarding family issues. That is a bright spot.
 

dime line

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 9, 2003
Posts
1,468
Total Time
nuf
Wait Hawkercpt..........."6.don't have to buy your own uniforms???"

We have to buy our own shirts. Unless maybe your an SFO with perks
 

AceCrackshot

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2003
Posts
380
Total Time
4500
Dime-

He's refering to our "industry-leading" tie. Swank factor, high, baby!

Have you ever seen FBO chicks swoon when they see our tie?
 

hawkercpt

oh crap! Now what?
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Posts
212
Total Time
5700?
dime line said:
Wait Hawkercpt..........."6.don't have to buy your own uniforms???"

We have to buy our own shirts. Unless maybe your an SFO with perks

the question was in comparison to the Regionals, where you have to buy your entire uniform.
SFO indeed. I ought to smack...


ps.

Those whom complain of the current ties must not have had to wear the old ones very long!!
 

minimums

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 9, 2004
Posts
102
Total Time
4000+
hawkercpt an SFO??? That's a funny one :eek: These ties are a dream compared to our old ones.......you should see how fast they go up in flames!! :D

hawkercpt said:
the question was in comparison to the Regionals, where you have to buy your entire uniform.
SFO indeed. I ought to smack...


ps.

Those whom complain of the current ties must not have had to wear the old ones very long!!
 

Dep676

My Glock is bigger!!!!!
Joined
Nov 25, 2001
Posts
1,003
Total Time
Enough
Also unless they recently changed the starting pay is 34k not 36k. 36k is second year pay.
 

hawkercpt

oh crap! Now what?
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Posts
212
Total Time
5700?
My bad. Its been 6 yrs. Either way, you'll be eligible for food stamps.
 

choppengruven

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 9, 2003
Posts
108
Total Time
Years
I believe all new hires begin at 32K per year. If I'm not mistaken it changed some time ago. But I could be wrong.
 
Last edited:

Dep676

My Glock is bigger!!!!!
Joined
Nov 25, 2001
Posts
1,003
Total Time
Enough
choppengruven said:
I believe all new hires begin at 32K per year. If I'm not mistaken it changed some time ago. But I could be wrong.
That is pathetic. Why would anyone is their right mind want to come to this sinking ship vs. Netjets? That is with starting pay like that. Just more proff the acting CEO wants us to be like a regional.
 

Voice Of Reason

Reading Is Fundamental !
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Posts
1,369
Total Time
15 min
Hate to burst the whiney bubble, but....

Do any of you have a CLUE what regional pilots make???????? If you THINK or have been "told" it is ANYWHERE near the pay you think is so sorry at NJA or FLOPS, then you better guess again! They make less than half.... Pay equals out to the starting pay of a frac once a Captain with about 5 to 7 yrs seniority. NOW cry about your pay...it sucks, but not THAT bad...but then, they hire people who don't have a whole lot of experience, so that's how they get away with it...Some even have to pay for their own training for the privelege of making $15,000/yr. So YES, frac pay sucks (in BOTH places), but neither is "as bad as the regionals".
Someone's been busting your chops if they've told you differently...or has a whole LOT of seniority
 

choppengruven

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 9, 2003
Posts
108
Total Time
Years
I have worked for a regional. Have you? Thought so. I know exactly what they make and fully aware of the work conditions too. Go spread your propaganda somewhere else. We cant all be SFO's some of us acually do the work to make your paycheck.
 

Voice Of Reason

Reading Is Fundamental !
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Posts
1,369
Total Time
15 min
choppengruven said:
I have worked for a regional. Have you? Thought so. I know exactly what they make and fully aware of the work conditions too. Go spread your propaganda somewhere else. We cant all be SFO's some of us acually do the work to make your paycheck.
This post is funny for a great number of reasons.
I challenge ANYONE to post, NOT HERESAY, but ACTUAL STARTING pay scales from any airline regional (not not salary "surveys" either)...there is NO WAY they start ANYWHERE near Flops or NetJets starting... *(this also means for NEW HIRE planes, not planes that take seniority) .
Pathetic, but sadly true. Links anyone?
Oh, and just so you are aware, the hourly rate is NOT x 40 hrs a week, but around 70 a month guaranteed salary... I don't wanna hear "Oh, I made 345,000/yr because I skanked overtime"..REAL pay scales...
Stop it with that SFO cr@p, you have no idea WTF you are saying...you have NO idea how foolish that is...
 
Last edited:

Dep676

My Glock is bigger!!!!!
Joined
Nov 25, 2001
Posts
1,003
Total Time
Enough
Voice Of Reason said:
Stop it with that SFO cr@p, you have no idea WTF you are saying...you have NO idea how foolish that is...
Sounds like someone touched a nerve with statement. Truth hurts sometimes don't it.

As far a regional pay. I would dare to say that an FO on his 4th year is making close to or more than our 4 year FO's. Also with any airline you do not go back to year one if you move to a different airframe.

Man you must have gotten an extra bonus for a the crap you post on here. Do you drink the kool-aid every morning or are you on a IV drip for it. You are nothing but a management lacky. How is the WX in CGF?
 

Voice Of Reason

Reading Is Fundamental !
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Posts
1,369
Total Time
15 min
Dep676 said:
Sounds like someone touched a nerve with statement. Truth hurts sometimes don't it.

As far a regional pay. I would dare to say that an FO on his 4th year is making close to or more than our 4 year FO's. Also with any airline you do not go back to year one if you move to a different airframe.

Man you must have gotten an extra bonus for a the crap you post on here. Do you drink the kool-aid every morning or are you on a IV drip for it. You are nothing but a management lacky. How is the WX in CGF?
:uzi: ...and here I thought YOU were just an IBT lacky and not an actual employee... Keep talking smack..you just prove yourself to be as idiotic as the conspiracy crap you always post ....The only one drinking Kool-Aid is you...I know this is hard to comprehend, but I am NO ONE's "lacky"...I'm not just going to jump on the first boat that comes along,...it's leakier than the original one
 

Daq's

New member
Joined
Nov 5, 2005
Posts
4
Total Time
39yrs
Voice Of Reason said:
Do any of you have a CLUE what regional pilots make???????? If you THINK or have been "told" it is ANYWHERE near the pay you think is so sorry at NJA or FLOPS, then you better guess again! They make less than half.... Pay equals out to the starting pay of a frac once a Captain with about 5 to 7 yrs seniority. NOW cry about your pay...it sucks, but not THAT bad...but then, they hire people who don't have a whole lot of experience, so that's how they get away with it...Some even have to pay for their own training for the privelege of making $15,000/yr. So YES, frac pay sucks (in BOTH places), but neither is "as bad as the regionals".
Someone's been busting your chops if they've told you differently...or has a whole LOT of seniority
Spend half your life away from your loved one's and fly a jet 500+ hrs a year, all for half of what a plumber makes....what a deal!!!
 

hawkercpt

oh crap! Now what?
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Posts
212
Total Time
5700?
You only fly 500 hrs a year??? WTFover???
 

Tommy Boy

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 25, 2005
Posts
99
Total Time
6500
Top