Options future after mediation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is all over but the crying...

A wise man once said... "Don't play chess unless you can plan at least 3 moves ahead"

So, I see 2 possible outcomes.

23.5 hour settlement -- Last minute, 29 days into the cooling off period. I see some recalls. We will all try to love each other again...

Or,

There will be a last minute fire sale of the company. This outside organization will buy all the assets except the certificate (This explains the company's reason for not discussing Scope). They will have some pilots in reserve, and quickly hire the rest.

Whatever the company decision, it will need a quick spoolup. Because...

(Sept 20-something) + (30 days Cooling off period) = The busy season.

Only time will tell.

you forgot #5

#5. Pay your pilots what they are worth. Otherwise you'll have to re-negotiate ANOTHER golden parachute.

There you go with the golden crap again. Isn't that what *you* want?

Answer this: When you took the job, did you think the pay offered is what you were worth?

Answer this: When you took the job, did you think the pay offered is what you were worth?

yes, then they forced a pay cut.

I've told you this before...you ready to listen this time?

Gas goes up, mortgages go up, insurance goes up, food goes up, school clothes, taxes, car prices, entertainment, dry cleaning, pets, medical insurance, college tution.

all that goes up yet the pay stays the same. So by taking a pay cut, these pilots are rather upset.

understand yet?

You have a lot to learn about this business. I'd be glad to help educate you. Send me a PM and ill help you out.

Hey Scumza, how much money have the pilots lost since they were hired?

3. Quick hiring of scabs replacing all the IBT pilots. eg NWA mechanics

4. Moving flying to the other 135 certificate and slowly replacing the IBT pilots with alter ego scabs. eg Trans States Gojets.

QUOTE]

Wow, I almost choked reading this. Here's a little refresher for you regarding the GoJet formation. When GoJet was formed, the IBT was personally invited by the same "alter-ego scabs" you speak of, to come in and organize the GoJet pilots. The IBT couldn't go in there fast enough, despite the fact that the union-represented pilots of Trans States were fighting the formation of that alter-ego carrier.
I was a proud union member of the TSA pilot group during that period. Don't let the IBT spin leave any doubts in your mind. The IBT did the union pilots of Trans States NO FAVORS by supporting a corrupt management and fighting against another pilot union, the Air Line Pilots Assoc.
The irony in your post is stunning, if not intended.

I was refering to the GoJets pilots as alter ego scabs not the other way around. I think the IBT going to represent the Gojets group was one of the biggest mistakes in the history of organized labor. The Gojets pilots are scabs and giving them representaion gave them some legitamacy. I have been told that HK has continued to shrink TSA while growing Gojets. He has certainly has managed to work the divide between the two unions to his benefit. This demonstrates why SCOPE is so important.

Last edited:
Whoa horsey!

3. Quick hiring of scabs replacing all the IBT pilots. eg NWA mechanics

4. Moving flying to the other 135 certificate and slowly replacing the IBT pilots with alter ego scabs. eg Trans States Gojets.

QUOTE]

Wow, I almost choked reading this. Here's a little refresher for you regarding the GoJet formation. When GoJet was formed, the IBT was personally invited by the same "alter-ego scabs" you speak of, to come in and organize the GoJet pilots. The IBT couldn't go in there fast enough, despite the fact that the union-represented pilots of Trans States were fighting the formation of that alter-ego carrier.
I was a proud union member of the TSA pilot group during that period. Don't let the IBT spin leave any doubts in your mind. The IBT did the union pilots of Trans States NO FAVORS by supporting a corrupt management and fighting against another pilot union, the Air Line Pilots Assoc.
The irony in your post is stunning, if not intended.

Finally someone with some prior union experience, which is sorely lacking @1108.
The diehard 1108 koolaiders are already labeling non-migs scabs. I heard they kicked em off their message board. They lured in the vote and change the rules via NJpilots,paid back dues to the terminated and the company hired them back with back pay plus bought out any training contracts. My guess is the majority of migs also voted for scarah failin against the unions endorsement.
Flops will likely fail and that's too bad, alot a good people union and non union and there is always the intimidated migs who dont support other than $$$ which brings up the real turds who look out for themselves via support to the company in any fashion mgt deems correct.
Sure seems to be some real loudmouths that believe they can intimidate with lack of knowledge,yea ,I got a view of the msg board and so have many others reading the same 'ol drivel from the same small minds.
Whoever wrote about an 1108 possible scab may very well be right in thinking as no one gives a crap about 1108 except 1108
Ricci has a game plan and Ricci will benefit.
Flops destroyed itself with everchanging management and the 1108 is doing the same with the same management. Reality will in the near future show no winner in this game.
On the slim chance of a TA the 1108 will either try to bring harmony to the workforce or they will be voted out like NJ pilots did. There will be so many grievances filed they won't be able to keep up and the Dubinsky mouthpiece will be looking for another victim to further inflate his ego. His arrogance has totally infected 1108 leadership.
All the other fractionals are watching this one close and so far the IBT1108 gives them every reason to run away.
IBT1108...pissin off a planet one pilot at a time, with some outstanding contributions by Flops management.
Flames don't hurt in the virtual world and the same 'ol mouthpieces are gonna call me someone else.They can't stand reality.
Wish the pilots luck, except the true cowards sniffin under Ricci ,the ones with the brown smelly noses.
Two types of ignorant pilots, the ones with Ricci and a certain few in the 1108.

Back to slavin behind the throttles. Have a nice day.

Not trying to be difficult or insinuate myself into a race I have no horse in, but I hardly see how that question is relevant, helpful or insightful.

In my career I have taken many jobs I knew were crappy jobs but either had to, looked at them as a stepping stone or for some other meritous reason.

My husband in his flying career has also done the same. I know quite a few pilots that have. For all their b!tching pilots are a notoriously optimistic group. As a wife, friend, family member I know all too well of the upgrades are around the corner, new planes on the way, per diem lottery most of you guys play.

Wanting to better ones situation or bring it up to being commesurate with the
industry is hardly the crime you think it is. And a like it or lump it attitude is usually only shared by people who either don't get it or are so resistant to change they are actually dangerous.

According to your logic we should all reelect our POS politicians because hey even though they are doing a crappy job now we were happy when we first voted them in...

I know being a pilot takes a fair amount of brains so I will just have to assume I have misunderstood you because that statement seemed pretty stupid to me.

Last edited:
Bla Bla Bla ........

It really doesn't matter what you have to say or any other trolls who just joined Flight Info.

The TA will be accepted/rejected by those members who supported the union from the beginning by paying dues so the negotiators would be able to do their job.

If you don't like it either pay up so you can vote or accept the decision of the MIGS on any TA that is reached.

I can vote. Can you? :p

Not trying to be difficult or insinuate myself into a race I have no horse in, but I hardly see how that question is relevant, helpful or insightful.

In my career I have taken many jobs I knew were crappy jobs but either had to, looked at them as a stepping stone or for some other meritous reason.

My husband in his flying career has also done the same. I know quite a few pilots that have. For all their b!tching pilots are a notoriously optimistic group. As a wife, friend, family member I know all too well of the upgrades are around the corner, new planes on the way, per diem lottery most of you guys play.

Wanting to better ones situation or bring it up to being commesurate with the
industry is hardly the crime you think it is. And a like it or lump it attitude is usually only shared by people who either don't get it or are so resistant to change they are actually dangerous.

According to your logic we should all reelect our POS politicians because hey even though they are doing a crappy job now we were happy when we first voted them in...

I know being a pilot takes a fair amount of brains so I will just have to assume I have misunderstood you because that statement seemed pretty stupid to me.

This is an accurate and inciteful post. Good job!

Regards, Wacoflyr

Latest resources

Back