Options future after mediation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GhettoBeechjet

What do you think will happen at Options after mediation fails? I see the following potential outcomes.

1. Status quo everyone continues as normal with no resolution or contract.

2. Strike which would either be followed by quick hiring of scabs or a contract resolution.

3. Quick hiring of scabs replacing all the IBT pilots. eg NWA mechanics

4. Moving flying to the other 135 certificate and slowly replacing the IBT pilots with alter ego scabs. eg Trans States Gojets.

Others??

No flame just curious what folks think will happen and why.

True, it could burn down which would benefit Netjets and most likely Mr Ricci among others.

Do you actually expect to not get flamed? You are obviously a troll that is pro management which anyone can see by the direction your posts always go. Who knows, you could be kenn himself trying to scare the weak. But you forget one thing, the weak don't get to vote on this contract. Why don't you ask what the fallout might be with the customers who are about to book their holliday travel, or planning on buying flight time with a company that is about to have a major labor problem right at the start of peak travel. Everyone knows that most of next years sales will, or won't happen at the end of this year. It just won't happen. You will have people rushing to turn in their Jet Pass cards so they can get dependable travel elsewhere.

We are in a service buisness. How can a company try to pretend that they have "the best pilots in the industry" (not my words, managements sales pitch to customers) if all we have left are bottom of the barrel scabbs that couldn't get jobs elsewhere. And with as shakey Flight Options has been, does anyone actually believe that a pilot would want to take a chance and cross a picket line to be forever branded a scabb? It's not like you are crossing a line to get into a blue chip company like Northwest or United that have been around for decades, and will be around for decades more. We are talking about a company that has lost 70 percent of their pilots in less than 5 years. Its a huge gamble that most pilots won't take. But you already knew that.

So quit being so transparent and just say that you are biased, and pro management.

Last edited:
you forgot #5

#5. Pay your pilots what they are worth. Otherwise you'll have to re-negotiate ANOTHER golden parachute.

6. Contract will be ratified and a few furloughed pilots will be called back, or;

7. Ricci will gradually park Options aircraft and seamlessly shift operations to JetDirect Aviation that everyone seems to have forgotten about.

Either way I am glad this is going to come to a head one way or another before the year is over!

Last edited:
Do you actually expect to not get flamed? You are obviously a troll that is pro management which anyone can see by the direction your posts always go. Who knows, you could be kenn himself trying to scare the weak. But you forget one thing, the weak don't get to vote on this contract. Why don't you ask what the fallout might be with the customers who are about to book their holliday travel, or planning on buying flight time with a company that is about to have a major labor problem right at the start of peak travel. Everyone knows that most of next years sales will, or won't happen at the end of this year. It just won't happen. You will have people rushing to turn in their Jet Pass cards so they can get dependable travel elsewhere.

We are in a service buisness. How can a company try to pretend that they have "the best pilots in the industry" (not my words, managements sales pitch to customers) if all we have left are bottom of the barrel scabbs that couldn't get jobs elsewhere. And with as shakey Flight Options has been, does anyone actually believe that a pilot would want to take a chance and cross a picket line to be forever branded a scabb? It's not like you are crossing a line to get into a blue chip company like Northwest or United that have been around for decades, and will be around for decades more. We are talking about a company that has lost 70 percent of their pilots in less than 5 years. Its a huge gamble that most pilots won't take. But you already knew that.

So quit being so transparent and just say that you are biased, and pro management.

As far as the weak not getting to vote I am assuming that there will be no TA to vote on.
Youre statement about scabbing at Options being a huge gamble assumes that someone outside the IBT cares about an IBT scab list. I don't see ALPA honoring an IBT list. So what career wise would it cost an unemployed charter or corporate guy? Either Options will float and they are ahead, they go to the airlines where no one will care, or they will go back to charter or corporate where no one will care. I think only a persons conscience or lack thereof will make their decision on scabbing.
I don't think Kenn will move to replace the pilots until he has a solid plan b or he can make a lot of money via a failure of the company.
No one is buying fractional right now anyway much less at Options which has earned a reputation as a second tier provider which is why it has shrunk so much. I worked there for 8 years and wouldn't buy a share form Options if I had the money. Why anyone continues to fly on dirty airplanes with frieghter paint jobs that are always late is beyond me. I don't really think sales can go down. You do have a point redemptions will continue to go up.

Last edited:
As far as the weak not getting to vote I am assuming that there will be no TA to vote on.
Youre statement about scabbing at Options being a huge gamble assumes that someone outside the IBT cares about an IBT scab list. I don't see ALPA honoring an IBT list. So what career wise would it cost an unemployed charter or corporate guy? Either Options will float and they are ahead, they go to the airlines where no one will care, or they will go back to charter or corporate where no one will care. I think only a persons conscience or lack thereof will make their decision on scabbing.
I don't think Kenn will move to replace the pilots until he has a solid plan b or he can make a lot of money via a failure of the company.
No one is buying fractional right now anyway much less at Options which has earned a reputation as a second tier provider which is why it has shrunk so much. I worked there for 8 years and wouldn't buy a share form Options if I had the money. Why anyone continues to fly on dirty airplanes with frieghter paint jobs that are always late is beyond me. I don't really think sales can go down. You do have a point redemptions will continue to go up.

Yeah, but you have those cool Phenom 300s on the way to replace the dirty Beechjunks...

I agree that treating the pilot group at FLOPS with such disrespect is unfathomable in this type of service business - it makes ZERO sense given that the pilots frequently interface with your customers. How will FLOPS attract "good" pilots once the economy rebounds and the furlough pool is depleted (many people would likely not return anyway)? Who would want to work at a place with such a bad reputation for employee relations? It's quite a shame because I remember when a FLOPS interview was a hot ticket 5-7 years ago. Those days are long gone...

3. Quick hiring of scabs replacing all the IBT pilots. eg NWA mechanics

4. Moving flying to the other 135 certificate and slowly replacing the IBT pilots with alter ego scabs. eg Trans States Gojets.
B19's perfect work force ....

(What they do)
(They smile in your face)
All the time they want to take your place
The back stabbers (back stabbers)
(They smile in your face)
All the time they want to take your place
The back stabbers (back stabbers)

Latest resources

Back