Options Benefits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

USC***

I looked at Frat Stats, and it said Options doesn't pay for medical benefits. Does that just mean they don't pay the full cost. What is the out of pocket expense for a pilot with a wife and a couple kids?

I haven't been interviewed yet, just hopeful in the near future.

Thanks

This information probably has been asked before but what are the approximate competitive minimums for Flight Options?

USC*** said:
Does that just mean they don't pay the full cost. What is the out of pocket expense for a pilot with a wife and a couple kids?
Thanks

I see the $$ question is being dodged. Here is my .02 cents. During the FLOPS/RTA merger there an RTA website with a benefits calculator. I compared my position at the time (at NJA) with similar aircraft/seniority at FLOPS. With a wife and two kids, it would have cost me just under $3000/year for the same coverage.

$3000 for a premium!?!?!?!?! NJA Capt, are you sure you didn't enter "20 kids" into that calculator? I am in a similar situation (wife+kids) and I pay $150/month for a premium for medical. What the rub is with Options, is that the dental is not so great. But the medical is good. Believe me, we've used it. ;)

Monthly Medical Premiums for wife and 3 kids:

Medical: $149
Dental: $82

Total: $231

Benefit Credit: ($54)

Net: $159

Medical: $149
Dental: $82
Total: $231
Benefit Credit: ($54) Net:$159
$231 x 12 = $2772.00
That's about the number it gave me. I don't remember any credits. What is a Benefit Credit?

Just curious :)

I see. I thought you guys were just talking about the medical plan. I don't take the dental. But if I did: 12 X $159= $1908. Not cheap, but hardly "just under $3000". NJA Capt, a benefit credit is money the company gives you to apply to your benefits any which way you want. I think it is also called a "Cafeteria Plan".

With the Options Ins. I have a zero deduct. and no copay and I can go anywhere, see any doctor or hospital in any state.

Not bad with three kids, NO More surprise doctor bills!! It also covers FAA medical and regular checkups on everyone in your family.

The Dental on the other hand is better than nothing.

Fly safe

Latest resources

Back