Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Opinions wanted... Which airline would you say, currently is the healthiest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd have to say that, given the closing of Popeye's in Atlanta's "C" Concourse, all airlines got a little healthier.

[drumroll . . . cymbal splash]

Thanks, I'll be here all year.

It's now in the B terminal. Come on over and ask for extra crispy spicy chicken strips. Sooooo good, and good for you!

Bye Bye---General Lee

It's a three way toss up between Braniff, Pan Am and Eastern.

Just prior to deregulation, Braniff, was in fact one of the most profitable airlines in the U.S. There was a time when PanAm was a financial powerhouse and at one point in the 80's, Eastern was the largest U.S. carrier. Who would have thought the UAL of the 90's would sink to what it became in the next decade?
The bottom line is, past performance doesn't guaranty anything. Every airline will change management over time and they will change.

Spirit, most profit per airplane, almost unlimited growth potential, people shop by ticket price, Spirit always wins. They are stealing passengers from Grey hound. CEO said 80% of the people buying tickets shop price, they have 1% of the market, their goal is 3% in 10 years, that is an airline that will triple in 10 years, that means new hires this year are in the left seat in 4-5 years.

If Spirit can improve its image of "terrible service but cheap tickets" they could really hurt the competition (i.e. SWA)

If Spirit can improve its image of "terrible service but cheap tickets" they could really hurt the competition (i.e. SWA)

But to get quality service they would have to pay more.. Thus no more cheap tickets.... It's the ultimate airline catch 22:eek:

Lol, the poor customer service ratings have to be because people get irate and passed off when they try to sneak a bag on and have to pay $100 at the gate. I worked in the Continental system for 7 years and I have yet to see people treated as poorly at Spirit than what I witnessed at CAL/UAL. The FAs and gate Agents seem much more pleasant here at Spirit than they do at most legacies

Latest resources

Back