Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tom_Bodett

Hotel Owner
Hey everyone, I have been tasked with doing some research for a company on starting a flight dept. I know I know, "In this economy?!". Either way im going to help them out. Where can I find some operating costs on say like a CJ1, CJ2, and a V? I know it all depends on how many pax and how often etc. I am looking for mainly say a general cost of a round trip from ATL to TEB or something like that with 4 pax. If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it.

There is simply too little info to really make this call on the thread but Omnijet has a good generic comparison on operating costs...

http://www.omnijet.com/doc/

One thing I have noticed is the the CJ1 seems to need fuel on every flight and with a lot of corporate flight departments a lot of the savings includes being able to tanker fuel on out & back type trips.

There is simply too little info to really make this call on the thread but Omnijet has a good generic comparison on operating costs...

http://www.omnijet.com/doc/

One thing I have noticed is the the CJ1 seems to need fuel on every flight and with a lot of corporate flight departments a lot of the savings includes being able to tanker fuel on out & back type trips.

I appreciate that. I know what I was asking was hard to answer. I just needed some basic costs. Thanks for the link that helps.

www.jetsearch.com

The cost info on here is from Conklin de Decker.

With 4 pax in a CJ2 from PDK-TEB you'd have to buy fuel at TEB to get back to Atlanta, but probably only 150gal or so.

We've found our newer CJ2+ operates for $1000-1100/hr.

with a lot of corporate flight departments a lot of the savings includes being able to tanker fuel on out & back type trips.

How about those ramp fees? We are seeing 150-200$ if you no buy gas.

CJ 1200/hr all up costs, no insurance

I used to operate an Ultra or V. Just put the trip into Fltplan to get the fuel burn...its pretty close. Our operating cost per hour was $2200 for 300 a year.

$2200/hr seems a bit high for just direct operating costs...does that figure include debt service and/or depreciation?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back