Opening Salvo AS vs DL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
igneousy2,
I'm curious, why the doom and gloom? We work for the most successful legacy airline in the USA. To read your post would make one think that we are on deaths door waiting to take our last breath.
We all have ideas on how we think or hope the future pans out for our company, but Brad himself doesn't know. He just does the best he can by making sound business decisions and lets the chips fall where they may.
Why not look at your career here as a positive thing? Maybe the Q400 will work in AK? Maybe Alaska and Horizon experience well deserved controlled growth and prosper? Maybe our profit margins continue to trend up as they have the last 4 years? Why not dream big and dream positive especially when the company you work for is currently the most successful legacy airline in the USA?
I just don't understand the fear and negativity when things are going so well. I'm not wired that way - to see pain and suffering where none currently exists. I deal with pain and suffering when it is present, I don't manufacture it when it is absent.

igneousy2,
I'm curious, why the doom and gloom? We work for the most successful legacy airline in the USA. To read your post would make one think that we are on deaths door waiting to take our last breath.
We all have ideas on how we think or hope the future pans out for our company, but Brad himself doesn't know. He just does the best he can by making sound business decisions and lets the chips fall where they may.
Why not look at your career here as a positive thing? Maybe the Q400 will work in AK? Maybe Alaska and Horizon experience well deserved controlled growth and prosper? Maybe our profit margins continue to trend up as they have the last 4 years? Why not dream big and dream positive especially when the company you work for is currently the most successful legacy airline in the USA?
I just don't understand the fear and negativity when things are going so well. I'm not wired that way - to see pain and suffering where none currently exists. I deal with pain and suffering when it is present, I don't manufacture it when it is absent.

Amen brother!

Rumor Dal to add sea-pdx / sea-san. I guess it's on.

Maybe your flights are consistently full on those routes and DL has plenty of INTL connecting traffic that wants to go to those places? Just like you guys adding SLC, MSP, and ATL from SEA, right? I hope DL adds back the Hawaii flying from PDX, and other islands from SEA. There should be more than enough demand.... Adding 717s out East means 76 seat RJs can test possible West Coast markets.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Per Delta.com
SEA-SAN eff June 2, 2014

OO4629 SEASAN 0700-0940 CR9
OO4666 SEASAN 1030-1310 CR9
OO4805 SEASAN 1330-1610 CR9
OO4818 SEASAN 1745-2025 CR9

OO4842 SANSEA 0645-0925 CR9
OO4629 SANSEA 1015-1255 CR9
OO4666 SANSEA 1400-1645 CR9
OO4805 SANSEA 1705-1950 CR9

SEA-PDX eff September 2, 2014

OO4603 SEAPDX 0730-0815CR9
OO4604 SEAPDX 1030-1115CR9
OO4611 SEAPDX 1400-1445CR9
OO4634 SEAPDX 1745-1830CR9

OO4603 PDXSEA0855-0941CR9
OO4604 PDXSEA1155-1240CR9
OO4611 PDXSEA1530-1615CR9
OO4634 PDXSEA1905-1950CR9

Is any of this new "delta" flying actually gonna be done by delta?

In the summer DL added mainline flights from SEA to ANC, LAX, and LAS. These seem like they are testing the water. But, it sure doesn't help AK any to add about 300 seats per day to those routes. Oh well. If they do well, maybe mainline will add some flights. I hope so. DL will be adding nonstops to Heathrow, Seoul, and Hong Kong from SEA shortly. Is that good?

I personally think they should use the 76 seaters that are being replaced by 717s out East on the West coast to again test the market. Hopefully they will try from SEA and PDX to GEG, BOI, BIL, FCA, SMF, OAK, SJC, EUG, MFR, MSO, HLN, FAT, SBA, STS, YVR, YEG, YYC, YLW, PSC, PHX, ONT, BUR, SNA, and LGB. I think that would be a good start.... ;)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Good luck to Delta adding a higher cost, inferior product on what I imagine are low yielding routes.

Again, speculating here, it would only be connections for INTL flights, right? SEA is gonna grow. And DL appears to be cracking down on RJ costs. How many RJs are you guys gonna add? What does your scope clause say? Sounds like you have an inferior scope clause.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back