Open Invitation for ex-Mesaba Pilots in Trouble

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Come back and you can fly the 9.

I assume that you mean the DC-9, because the CRJ-900 and the payrates you fly are not nearly cool enough to be called the 9. The 9 has and always will be the DC-9. Might as well call the 900 a guppy or a mad-dog. Done with my rant...you can put your ipod headphones back in your ears now.

Ummmm.. do you have the slightest clue what is involved with these 14 exams? Clearly not.. The quickest I have seen anyone get through them is 5 months..

Ummmm...I do, since I've taken some of them.

JAA ATPL Exams aren't easy, but they're not the end of the World. You pay Bristol to access the question bank, study the questions, and take the test. It's not rocket science, it's pay your fee and get your B!

But hey...If having JAA CPL in your profile makes you feel special and superior, more power to ya!

Last edited:
9 days off per month
Captain also pulls dispatch duties
moving away from family to foreign country

Sounds "very good" to me ;)

I can honestly say that I've had more time at home that when I was at Mesaba. Also, JAR rest rules are very conservative. I'm never fatigued, and never need recovery time from a trip. Also, the crew are awesome, so you don't even feel like your at work.

You don't have dispatching duties. The job isn't any different than in the States, but there's no joint responsibility...Only the Captain is responsible.

I actually moved my whole family to Ireland, and it has been the coolest experience. We will really miss it when we eventually go home.

Did you fly for Cityjet? If not, you don't have a valid opinion.

Last edited:
Ummmm...I do, since I've taken some of them.

JAA ATPL Exams aren't easy, but they're not the end of the World. You pay Bristol to access the question bank, study the questions, and take the test. It's not rocket science, it's pay your fee and get your B!

But hey...If having JAA CPL in your profile makes you feel special and superior, more power to ya!

Perhaps you are right. Forgive me if I attended a ground school that actually cared about students knowing the material, and not just "paying the fee and getting the B". But hey if you are comfortable with that, more power to you

That being said, I do wish you luck with the rest of the exams, bacause I remember what hell they were, and dont ever want to see them again.
Then, you too can have JAA CPL in your profile ;)

Latest resources

Back