Only have a Private & Hate College

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Enjoy it while you have it.

I too did not like the “arts” classes I had to take, but now 20 yrs after my Bachelors I wish I had taken more history and literature courses., and maybe a few foreign languages

College is all about learning how to learn, learning to think, and how to solve problems.

If I only knew then, what I know now.

metro go to Cargo and check out alternate career path, you can make it aa a career pilot without a degree.

Get over it, suck it up and finish. 4 years of school isn't that long. Be thankful that your not married and working a full time job and going to school.

Potter sucks. Stay in school. Fly cargo when you're done.

Edit: What I meant to say was that, while it is possible to have a good flying career without college, additional education will not hurt you in any way. All of us (well, all of us who have been to college) have had to deal with classes that we did not like, but none of us regret going to school, and you won't either.

-Goose

Last edited:
Metro752 said:
College is boring, I learn new stuff, but it's not stuff I am interested in, and it sucks. Why do we have to keep on doing stuff we don't like if we could just do aviation only, and thats it. Do schools like ERAU make you take lame courses like "Contemporary Literature" with the likes of Michael Moore? I mean that is total garbage.
Metro - seriously, you should consider a tour in the military. You don't seem to have the vision and discipline to make your tuition a worthwhile investment right now. No lost honor. Join the Marines and find out about yourself. Wish I had done that at some point in time back then. All I hear is you wishing some of the best years of your life away. Don't live that way.

Metro752 said:
College is boring, I learn new stuff, but it's not stuff I am interested in, and it sucks. Why do we have to keep on doing stuff we don't like if we could just do aviation only, and thats it. Do schools like ERAU make you take lame courses like "Contemporary Literature" with the likes of Michael Moore? I mean that is total garbage.

Oh, by the way metro. You should change your avatar to this: This must be you???

edited to remove somewhat disingenuous and graphic link. And, as a result, KPTPK has been banned for three days for placing this link in the post.

Last edited by a moderator:
fastandlow said:
Metro - seriously, you should consider a tour in the military. You don't seem to have the vision and discipline to make your tuition a worthwhile investment right now. No lost honor. Join the Marines and find out about yourself. Wish I had done that at some point in time back then. All I hear is you wishing some of the best years of your life away. Don't live that way.

And you'll make more $$, let one of us military types know if you do this. We’ll get you on the right track.

www.navy.mil

fastandlow said:

vision & discipline for an education right now... well, it doesn't get any easier as you get older, and life gets more complicated. Get your degree now. If I had a dime for every 30 or 40 something-year-old back in school now, lamenting their decision not to get their degree when they were younger, I'd be rich.

there's nothing wrong at all with the service, but I wouldn't describe what you're doing as "wishing some of the best years of your life away." If you drop out now, I suspect sometime in the future you'll regret that decision. If you finish with your degree, you'll never regret it.

No matter what the industry or field, you can never go wrong with furthering your education. It will always serve you well.

mayday1 said:
vision & discipline for an education right now... well, it doesn't get any easier as you get older, and life gets more complicated. Get your degree now. If I had a dime for every 30 or 40 something-year-old back in school now, lamenting their decision not to get their degree when they were younger, I'd be rich.

there's nothing wrong at all with the service, but I wouldn't describe what you're doing as "wishing some of the best years of your life away." If you drop out now, I suspect sometime in the future you'll regret that decision. If you finish with your degree, you'll never regret it.

No matter what the industry or field, you can never go wrong with furthering your education. It will always serve you well.

There was a fellow at my university who earned his Bachelor's a year before me with a Botany major. He was a retired professional photographer who photographed plants as his hobby. (Guess he wanted to know more about his subject after all those years.)

He said he'd always regretted not finishing up his 4-year degree before jumping into photojournalism, though he did have a pretty cool career.

He was 81 years old the year he took his degree.

C

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back