Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dep676

My Glock is bigger!!!!!
Has anyone gotten a degree from online classes? I am currently taking classes through UVSC online. I am just wondering if anyone out there that has completed either through UVSC, Embry Riddle or any other online course. Have you been questioned by anyone or a potential employer about your degree and how you got it?

Doing UVSC right now and about 22 hours from graduating. Overall I have been pleased with taking the classes online and when I interviewed at XJT last year they were pretty impressed with the online degree program and the commitment required and wanted to hear more about it. As long as you stick with UVSC, Riddle and maybe a few other nationally accredited schools with good reputations, you should be allright. PM me if you need any advice, I've seen about all they have to offer.

I did UVSC's degree online. I got hired at SkyWest and they didn't mention it at all. I interviewed at an AF reserve unit for UPT and they didn't mention it either.

Thanks for the info. I ma currently enrolled in my first semester at UVSC and liking it so far. They gave me a bunch of credit for my associates already. So hopefully I can skip on the GE classes and just concentrate on the aviation classes.

I'm 5 classes from my Riddle degree. I'm happy with it somewhat. I think it depends on who your instructors are. Some require things by certain dates and don't really understand that we have lives and we are trying to make it fit in. Some get it and give a lot of flexibility. Like it's due x date but you have 1 week after it before the subject closes.

It is what it is. They gave me a ton of credit for my past classes and aviation experience.

viper548 said:
I interviewed at an AF reserve unit for UPT and they didn't mention it either.
The AF reserve is hiring Animal Husbandry graduates?

:laugh:

FN FAL said:
The AF reserve is hiring Animal Husbandry graduates?

:laugh:
They've got a book of accredited schools. If your degree comes from one of them, you're good to go. You could have a degree in Beerology from UC Davis and be in. A girl from my unit went to UPT with a Zoology degree.

It doesn't seem to matter in the aviation world as long as the school is accredited, but in business, online programs are frowned upon (more like snickered at.) So if you have a backup plan in case the industry tanks (more) or you lose your medical, you should consider a second undergrad or masters program with real classroom work. My $.02.

Latest resources

Back