Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cornelius

Where's Pancakes House
It's that time where I need to get my CFI renewal and I'm looking at doing it online. Anybody know a good company that provides it. I'm looking at something easy to do and the cheaper the better.

www.gleim.com

$100.

It can be done in a couple of sittings. 16 lessons, but no time requirement. It gets the job done.

Where's pancakes house
I love that line. Have you seen the special edition DVD? Thay have an interview with him, and the Cohens actually wanted him to say it like that as opposed to "the pancake house.":)

Jeppesen is by far the best online renewal program that is available, hands down. American Flyers is a "cheap" alternative that is basically composed of dry and boring material but some think it is the greatest thing known to man since for a one time fee you can renew for free after the initial renewal, wow!!. Spend the extra money, enjoy, and actually learn something from Jeppesen, blows the American Flyers program right out of the water, like comparing a good wine to a cheap wine.

3 5 0

I vote for Gleim too. Did it a couple of months ago and it was painless. The tutorials are fairly interesting and the support structure you get from Gleim is pretty good! Just schlep your laptop around each trip and crank out a few on each overnight and you'll be done in no time. I'll definitely go with Gleim again the next time I have to do this!

CFI renewal

I vote Jepps. Great deal and user friendly. Used them a couple of times, now. Don't know anything about the Gleim source, but sounds as if that is on par as well. Good luck.

Crosscheck

I used the Air Safety Foundation/Jeppesen last time and am very pleased. Jep is a great way to go. It may, or may not be better than the others, I couldn't say, but I will say that the course was well presented, well referenced and painless.

enigma

i'll 2nd american flyers. gotta be online for 100-300 minutes or so (can't really remember) per section, but no big deal. just log on and go watch a movie. pretty easy.

$125 on time fee. i'll never pay to renew again (until AF goes under due to hack training and screwing students...from what i hear)

another thing. if you get stuck on a few questions, just open another window, log in, and look it up in the study section. easy cheesy. no reason not to get 100% on every section.

good stuff. enjoy.

Latest resources

Back