Online 4-yr. degree

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkerflyer

I'm looking into completing my Bachelor's online, what accreditation do I need to look for to avoid falling into the trap of a non-accredited institution. Thanks.

hawkerflyer said:
I'm looking into completing my Bachelor's online, what accreditation do I need to look for to avoid falling into the trap of a non-accredited institution. Thanks.

UVSC(Utah Valley State college) dude, PM me for more info. I've been doing it for 4 years now.

Flyeys said:
UVSC(Utah Valley State college) dude, PM me for more info. I've been doing it for 4 years now.

That's where I got my degree, although I mostly took classes "in person." Did do a few online classes though. You won't learn a lot by doing the online degree, but at least you'll be able to "check the box."

-Goose

Do it the cheapest, fastest way possible. Look into state-run institutions, especially your state(s) of residence. Get credit for your certificates and ratings (UVSC, ERAU (not cheap!), UNO, etc.)

In the interview: "Do you have a degree?"
You: "Yes"
Interviewer: on to next question...

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

falcon20driver said:
I'm going to start the online Bachelor of Science in Applied Science and Technology degree soon. They credit quite a bit for work experience.

Got a Community College nearby? If so, considering that Thomas Edison has a very good transfer policy, you might find it less expensive to download/copy the BSAT degree plan/requirements as well as the transfer credit schedule for your aeronautical ratings. With that in hand you can work on an associates degree plan at the local community college and save on Edison's rather steep annual tuition. Once you have completed the scholastic requirements, in concert with the applicable credits for aeronautical experience/ratings (ATP/CFI/II/MEI used to bring about 45-credits), then apply and transfer in your community college credits. The cost is typically considerbly less when you transfer your college/aeronatuical experience lump sum as opposed to paying Edison's annual tuition (especially if you are out of state).

I forgot to mention that I already have my A.S. Thanks for your responses.

Latest resources

Back