Online 4-yr. degree

hawkerflyer

Total Time
9500+
I'm looking into completing my Bachelor's online, what accreditation do I need to look for to avoid falling into the trap of a non-accredited institution. Thanks.

Flyeys

Total Time
mins
hawkerflyer said:
I'm looking into completing my Bachelor's online, what accreditation do I need to look for to avoid falling into the trap of a non-accredited institution. Thanks.

UVSC(Utah Valley State college) dude, PM me for more info. I've been doing it for 4 years now.

Goose Egg

Big Jens
Total Time
3k-ish
Flyeys said:
UVSC(Utah Valley State college) dude, PM me for more info. I've been doing it for 4 years now.

That's where I got my degree, although I mostly took classes "in person." Did do a few online classes though. You won't learn a lot by doing the online degree, but at least you'll be able to "check the box."

-Goose

JediNein

No One Special at all
Total Time
53 wks
Do it the cheapest, fastest way possible. Look into state-run institutions, especially your state(s) of residence. Get credit for your certificates and ratings (UVSC, ERAU (not cheap!), UNO, etc.)

In the interview: "Do you have a degree?"
You: "Yes"
Interviewer: on to next question...

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

ms6073

Total Time
Some
falcon20driver said:
I'm going to start the online Bachelor of Science in Applied Science and Technology degree soon. They credit quite a bit for work experience.

Got a Community College nearby? If so, considering that Thomas Edison has a very good transfer policy, you might find it less expensive to download/copy the BSAT degree plan/requirements as well as the transfer credit schedule for your aeronautical ratings. With that in hand you can work on an associates degree plan at the local community college and save on Edison's rather steep annual tuition. Once you have completed the scholastic requirements, in concert with the applicable credits for aeronautical experience/ratings (ATP/CFI/II/MEI used to bring about 45-credits), then apply and transfer in your community college credits. The cost is typically considerbly less when you transfer your college/aeronatuical experience lump sum as opposed to paying Edison's annual tuition (especially if you are out of state).

hawkerflyer

Total Time
9500+
I forgot to mention that I already have my A.S. Thanks for your responses.

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Total Time
7,000+
hawkerflyer said:
If you get your Bachelor Degree, be careful...you'll lose all of your old friends.

ms6073

Total Time
Some
hawkerflyer said:
I forgot to mention that I already have my A.S. Thanks for your responses.

Well in that case, assuming you have already taken 6 hours of college physics as well as a college level aviation meterology class, then you may have already met the majority of the degree requirements at Edison and simply need some additional electives.