• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

One Six Right - The Romance of Flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Woo hoo! Just remember... XM radio, Channel 202. You have no excuse now that you've been tipped off. :D

You'll thank me for this later, unless you have a delicate sense of humor...

I.P. Freley said:
Woo hoo! Just remember... XM radio, Channel 202. You have no excuse now that you've been tipped off. :D

You'll thank me for this later, unless you have a delicate sense of humor...

You should know be by now, I am the most PC inncorect person you'll ever meet and proud of it, why do you think I hate California so much?

I'm a midwestern boy where you get arresred if you don't have a lit cigarette on the ramp, remember?

If I could only find a way to eliminate the terrorist Mayor (that's a laugh), Daley, from office, the midwest would be a much better place, Until then, we can all pray that the vein in his left temporal region will rupture under the stress of his entire cabinet being indicted.

Last edited:
I.P. Freley said:
Can someone please explain to the uninitiated what makes Van Nuys Apt. more extraordinary than any other old airport? The "history" section of the site didn't open so I'm mystified about what makes Van Nuys the centerpiece of this film... Or is it just that it's in LA and that automatically makes it more gooder than any other airport?
Hmmm...where to start?

There's a D.E. that claims he has 60,000hrs.

A guy who thinks he invented aviation has his charter company based on the East side.

It's the home of Pacific Jet and as a result more FAR's are violated there than any other airport in the world.

Where else do you have to ask Christina Aguilera to get off the computer in the pilot's lounge so you can check weather?

You can say "Nice Beaver" to Harrison Ford all the time.

If they ever close the airport, the entire adult film industry would have to find a new "studio".

You can take a 135 checkride with a Fed who's afraid to fly.

You can experience Phil in the tower single-handedly controlling 30 planes in the pattern on 119.3 while casually asking about your Cabo trip on 126.6.

HMR said:
Hmmm...where to start?

A guy who thinks he invented aviation has his charter company based on the East side.

It's the home of Pacific Jet and as a result more FAR's are violated there than any other airport in the world.

Where else do you have to ask Christina Aguilera to get off the computer in the pilot's lounge so you can check weather?

If they ever close the airport, the entire adult film industry would have to find a new "studio".

You can experience Phil in the tower single-handedly controlling 30 planes in the pattern on 119.3 while casually asking about your Cabo trip on 126.6.

Please explain to me why I should give a rats ass about some actors doing anything? If one actor came up to me I would ask if he was the driver or the pilot if he didn't carry my bags.

HMR said:
Hmmm...where to start?

Or see Tom Cruise taxi by in a Pitts or P-51.

And we certainly can't forget Clay Lacy.

asdfghj

I.P. Freley said:
Can someone please explain to the uninitiated what makes Van Nuys Apt. more extraordinary than any other old airport? The "history" section of the site didn't open so I'm mystified about what makes Van Nuys the centerpiece of this film... Or is it just that it's in LA and that automatically makes it more gooder than any other airport?

I think its because they can, vny has the cash, and they have done a great job on the film, and a lot of people want to see it and/or looking forward to seeing it. but most importatly, it's a nice way to tell all those anti-airport people to shut the f*** up... my 0.02

Just for the record;
The film was produced and paid for by a young guy who simply has a love for Aviation. It has been a labor of love for him for the past several years, in fact he is not (yet) a proffesional film maker, just a guy who loves to fly and loves movies and found a way to combine both.

It is also interesting to note that the entire movie was shot in High Deffinition, so the air to air sequences are amazing when seen on a big screen, Brian (the producer) is working on getting it released at several movie theatres soon which would be an awesome way to see the movie, he is also working on having it shown at the next AOPA convention.

BRIGADEAVIATOR said:
I think its because they can, vny has the cash, and they have done a great job on the film, and a lot of people want to see it and/or looking forward to seeing it. but most importatly, it's a nice way to tell all those anti-airport people to shut the f*** up... my 0.02

Like I said, I'm not questioning the quality of the film, just why Van Nuys. I'm not a west-coaster and don't know anything about the place, other than it's in LA county... I guess it would be the target of "close that loud place" people, as just about any airport in or near wealthy communities (like my "home airport" of HPN). The "history" section of the site didn't give me any information, that's why I asked.

VNY was (might still be) the busiest general aviation field in the world. That might be part of the reason for giving it some attention. Otherwise, its just like every airport.

Dutch
former VNY ramp rat

Latest resources

Back