• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

One Six Right - The Romance of Flight

I.P. Freley

I like people food
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Posts
2,038
Total Time
Enough
STL717 said:
The extraordany story of the history, people, and aircraft of the Van Nuys Airport.....
Okay... Went to the site, watched the video, and the video is pretty sweet.

But...

Can someone please explain to the uninitiated what makes Van Nuys Apt. more extraordinary than any other old airport? The "history" section of the site didn't open so I'm mystified about what makes Van Nuys the centerpiece of this film... Or is it just that it's in LA and that automatically makes it more gooder than any other airport?
 

I.P. Freley

I like people food
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Posts
2,038
Total Time
Enough
TDTURBO said:
More gooder?!
Tony C, get to work. LMAO
Sorry, it's a colloquialism I use culled from a radio show I listen to. I should be more cognizant of the fact that others don't recognize the quite subtle reference...
 

NookyBooky

Beach Bum Extraordanaire
Joined
Nov 8, 2002
Posts
406
Total Time
ha!
I.P. Freley said:
Okay... Went to the site, watched the video, and the video is pretty sweet.

But...

Can someone please explain to the uninitiated what makes Van Nuys Apt. more extraordinary than any other old airport? The "history" section of the site didn't open so I'm mystified about what makes Van Nuys the centerpiece of this film... Or is it just that it's in LA and that automatically makes it more gooder than any other airport?

More mistresses board private jets with their sugardaddies at VNY than anywhere else in the world on any given day.....
 

I.P. Freley

I like people food
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Posts
2,038
Total Time
Enough
TDTURBO said:
More gooder?!
Just to clear it up, I've changed my profile's "current position" entry for the first time in three years. Hope that helps. :D
 
T

TDTURBO

Just yank'in your chain IP, and no it doesn't help, I never heard of Opie and Anthony.:confused:
 

I.P. Freley

I like people food
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Posts
2,038
Total Time
Enough
TDTURBO said:
Just yank'in your chain IP, and no it doesn't help, I never heard of Opie and Anthony.:confused:
That's okay, not everyone sees the light. :D I think the profile tells you where to listen, if you wish to join the fold. I'll leave it up just long enough to give you a chance to read it (again), then it'll be back to the fjords for me LOL
 
T

TDTURBO

When and if the Garmin 396 comes, I'll be able to get XM radio, until then it's Journey CD's for me.
 

I.P. Freley

I like people food
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Posts
2,038
Total Time
Enough
Woo hoo! Just remember... XM radio, Channel 202. You have no excuse now that you've been tipped off. :D

You'll thank me for this later, unless you have a delicate sense of humor...
 
T

TDTURBO

I.P. Freley said:
Woo hoo! Just remember... XM radio, Channel 202. You have no excuse now that you've been tipped off. :D

You'll thank me for this later, unless you have a delicate sense of humor...
You should know be by now, I am the most PC inncorect person you'll ever meet and proud of it, why do you think I hate California so much?

I'm a midwestern boy where you get arresred if you don't have a lit cigarette on the ramp, remember?

If I could only find a way to eliminate the terrorist Mayor (that's a laugh), Daley, from office, the midwest would be a much better place, Until then, we can all pray that the vein in his left temporal region will rupture under the stress of his entire cabinet being indicted.
 
Last edited:

HMR

I Live by the River.
Joined
Dec 18, 2001
Posts
1,048
Total Time
100+
I.P. Freley said:
Can someone please explain to the uninitiated what makes Van Nuys Apt. more extraordinary than any other old airport? The "history" section of the site didn't open so I'm mystified about what makes Van Nuys the centerpiece of this film... Or is it just that it's in LA and that automatically makes it more gooder than any other airport?
Hmmm...where to start?

There's a D.E. that claims he has 60,000hrs.

A guy who thinks he invented aviation has his charter company based on the East side.

It's the home of Pacific Jet and as a result more FAR's are violated there than any other airport in the world.

Where else do you have to ask Christina Aguilera to get off the computer in the pilot's lounge so you can check weather?

You can say "Nice Beaver" to Harrison Ford all the time.

If they ever close the airport, the entire adult film industry would have to find a new "studio".

You can take a 135 checkride with a Fed who's afraid to fly.

You can experience Phil in the tower single-handedly controlling 30 planes in the pattern on 119.3 while casually asking about your Cabo trip on 126.6.
 
T

TDTURBO

HMR said:
Hmmm...where to start?

There's a D.E. that claims he has 60,000hrs.

A guy who thinks he invented aviation has his charter company based on the East side.

It's the home of Pacific Jet and as a result more FAR's are violated there than any other airport in the world.

Where else do you have to ask Christina Aguilera to get off the computer in the pilot's lounge so you can check weather?

You can say "Nice Beaver" to Harrison Ford all the time.

If they ever close the airport, the entire adult film industry would have to find a new "studio".

You can take a 135 checkride with a Fed who's afraid to fly.

You can experience Phil in the tower single-handedly controlling 30 planes in the pattern on 119.3 while casually asking about your Cabo trip on 126.6.

Please explain to me why I should give a rats ass about some actors doing anything? If one actor came up to me I would ask if he was the driver or the pilot if he didn't carry my bags.
 

NookyBooky

Beach Bum Extraordanaire
Joined
Nov 8, 2002
Posts
406
Total Time
ha!
HMR said:
Hmmm...where to start?

There's a D.E. that claims he has 60,000hrs.

A guy who thinks he invented aviation has his charter company based on the East side.

It's the home of Pacific Jet and as a result more FAR's are violated there than any other airport in the world.

Where else do you have to ask Christina Aguilera to get off the computer in the pilot's lounge so you can check weather?

You can say "Nice Beaver" to Harrison Ford all the time.

If they ever close the airport, the entire adult film industry would have to find a new "studio".

You can take a 135 checkride with a Fed who's afraid to fly.

You can experience Phil in the tower single-handedly controlling 30 planes in the pattern on 119.3 while casually asking about your Cabo trip on 126.6.


Or see Tom Cruise taxi by in a Pitts or P-51.

And we certainly can't forget Clay Lacy.
 

BRIGADEAVIATOR

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 12, 2004
Posts
138
Total Time
1850
asdfghj

I.P. Freley said:
Can someone please explain to the uninitiated what makes Van Nuys Apt. more extraordinary than any other old airport? The "history" section of the site didn't open so I'm mystified about what makes Van Nuys the centerpiece of this film... Or is it just that it's in LA and that automatically makes it more gooder than any other airport?
I think its because they can, vny has the cash, and they have done a great job on the film, and a lot of people want to see it and/or looking forward to seeing it. but most importatly, it's a nice way to tell all those anti-airport people to shut the f*** up... my 0.02
 

Makesheepnervus

Pheasant Plucker
Joined
Mar 26, 2005
Posts
149
Total Time
8,000+
Just for the record;
The film was produced and paid for by a young guy who simply has a love for Aviation. It has been a labor of love for him for the past several years, in fact he is not (yet) a proffesional film maker, just a guy who loves to fly and loves movies and found a way to combine both.

It is also interesting to note that the entire movie was shot in High Deffinition, so the air to air sequences are amazing when seen on a big screen, Brian (the producer) is working on getting it released at several movie theatres soon which would be an awesome way to see the movie, he is also working on having it shown at the next AOPA convention.
 

I.P. Freley

I like people food
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Posts
2,038
Total Time
Enough
BRIGADEAVIATOR said:
I think its because they can, vny has the cash, and they have done a great job on the film, and a lot of people want to see it and/or looking forward to seeing it. but most importatly, it's a nice way to tell all those anti-airport people to shut the f*** up... my 0.02
Like I said, I'm not questioning the quality of the film, just why Van Nuys. I'm not a west-coaster and don't know anything about the place, other than it's in LA county... I guess it would be the target of "close that loud place" people, as just about any airport in or near wealthy communities (like my "home airport" of HPN). The "history" section of the site didn't give me any information, that's why I asked.
 

Dutch

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 22, 2002
Posts
168
Total Time
7000+
VNY was (might still be) the busiest general aviation field in the world. That might be part of the reason for giving it some attention. Otherwise, its just like every airport.

Dutch
former VNY ramp rat
 
Top