• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

joevollers

rockingthenotsofreeworld
:beer:

Jumpseating on the East side the other day... The door is being closed. The Captain tellls us to go grab the seats in first class.. So, I go to politely tell the first that the captain told us to go sit in first, and she says "oh wait I'm not sure..." as she's saying this he is walking out of the cockpit and says "not sure about what?" (in a non combative way, but also a look of determination that said that his orders weren't to be questioned).. Then the flight went on merrily and the first FA was nice as could be!

Allright... Here is my impression on how that scenario would have played out at Cactus... Capt to first FA: HEy if you don;t mind ,I'd appreciate it if you guys would seat the Jumpseaters in first. Then he'd let the FA make up their own mind beacause here at Cactus we don't want to get too involved in that...

New FOM for the WEST ( I assume that the EAST has Always been like this) states that The Capt may have the Jumpseaters sit in First Class if there are seats available.... I hope this trend continues of Giving the Cactus Pilots Back the Control of the airplane(that we already have by power of the FARS)!!!

At United, we always let the jumpseaters take a first class seat if it's available. Unfortuantely, we aren't always catered properly for the extra people. So please don't be feeling shunned if we can't offer you a meal.

FlyUnited said:
At United, we always let the jumpseaters take a first class seat if it's available. Unfortuantely, we aren't always catered properly for the extra people. So please don't be feeling shunned if we can't offer you a meal.

How many pilots from other airlines are going to call us dirtbags for not giving 'em a free meal? I can think of a few on this forum ...

Well IMHO a ride is just that. I would never expect to be offered a meal or anything else. If it happens its a much appreciated offer but in reality you guys are helping me out big time by giving me a lift home.

BTW - United is a classy outfit when it come to JS. They are always super friendly and a pleasure to be onboard.

Cheers

That scenario is common on AA.The only difference is that the FA usually prevails over the Cpt.

Even the FO wins over the old man.

Personal experience in ORD.No kidding.

I heard about a USAir Captain who went back to the galley to get himself a can of diet coke.

The old F/A screams at him, "stay out of my kitchen!" to which he stands up straight, stares her right in the eyes and says, "It may be your kitchen, but it's MY house."

Funny stuff.

NO FREE MEAL ON UAL!! WHAT DIRTBAGS!! I say FREE ride = FREE food!!!!

SWA/FO said:
No free food on United? Well I am never going to take a free ride home on them!!!! Even if it means days away from my family! That will show them.

SWA/FO said:

Trouble is SW...its not reciprocated because...oh...thats right...Southwest has no food.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back