Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

one of my seldom SERIOUS posts...Please Read...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A friend of mine had leukemia twice when we were growing up. At one point the doctors gave him less than a month to live. He pulled through and got married three years ago; I went to his wedding.

My father in law was diagnosed with leukemia about two years ago. He's been doing well after the chemo ended. It will have been two years in March, that's considered remission.

You can do it. Hang in there.

mar said:
...I read that positive attitude is critical.
Very true. My great aunt, Sarah VanArsdale, actually beat cancer into submission for almost a decade because she made up her mind she wasn't going to get sick.

The strongest medicine is sometimes found in the head and the heart. Think positive, be positive!

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

An Irish Blessing

God/Allah/Nature works in mysterious ways ...

My mom was diagnosed with terminal Lymphoma over ten years ago, and is still kicking. My dad was diagnosed with a liver tumor (he appeared to be in perfect health) last Summer and was dead eight weeks later. We tell her she was just too mean to die. :D

So just be aware ... somedays you're the grizzly bear ... some days you're the salmon. Be there for your friend, prepare for the worst, hope and pray for the best, but learn to be ok with however it turns out.

You'll be glad you did. Trust me.

Rev. Minh

jmmcc,

Sorryto hear about your bud. We'll be pulling for her. She'll win, because those planes are waiting!

Pirate at Forty said:
He had adozenbuddies over last night for an all night"Texas Hold 'emTournament".

Pirate, This had to bring you so much joy. Your son sounds like a trooper! He'll be in a plane before you know it.....best wishes

qmaster3 said:
jmmcc,

Sorryto hear about your bud. We'll be pulling for her. She'll win, because those planes are waiting!

Pirate, This had to bring you so much joy. Your son sounds like atrooper! He'll be in a plane before you know it.....best wishes

Thanks. It's a new normal, but normal to us. I know the fear thatcomes with the first few weeks and sympathize with both the patient andtheir family.

Keep your chin up! My dad had cancer and only had a 10% chance of living. 7 years later he is still going strong. Keep your support network around you, let those around you know how you feel about them, and make some peace with yourself. After that, make it a good fight. Good luck!

Latest resources

Back