Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

one of my seldom SERIOUS posts...Please Read...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jmmccutc

Go away Peg.
Everyone, i have some bad news for you all, it was relayed to me that a girl in our flight program currently a Jr. was diagnosed with Lukimia on thursday...i know that she sometimes reads what is posted here, although she is not a registered member, i think it would be great to show our support of another aviator going through a tough time...

i know that personally i have had some heated disagreements and harsh feelings towards this person but something like this puts into perspective the fact that petty differences are minor compared to a life altering situation such as this...

please show your support and i know she will really apprectiate what you "real" pilots can offer in the form of encouagement...

Sorry to hear that. Anyone I might know? After hearing that, it suremakes me feel small complaining about dumb, trivial things.

Best wishes,
--A former instructor at the "other" place at 1G3.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

I don't know much of these things but I read that positive attitude is critical.

Wishing her many smiles and lots of laughs. This place must be good for some of that.

:D

Sad news, hopefully she will prevail and beat this disease. Something like this always hit's home when you know the individual personally. Try and stay upbeat and show her encouragement anytime the opportunity presents itself. No one is immune from these sorts of challenges and obstacles that life seems to throw our way. Life is very precious, you are only given one. . Try and live each day as if it may possibly be your last, not one of us is guaranteed a tomorrow. Fortunately she is probably in good hands, with the advances in the medical community this is a disease that should be able to be beat with a little luck. It is in these times when a person is facing life and death right before their very eyes that a tight nit support network from those around is extremely important.

Put all differences aside that you may have had with this individual and just be there for her should she need a shoulder to lean on or maybe just a friendly person to talk to as she embarks on the biggest challenge of her young adult life. We all may have disagreements, hatred, and dislike for some but if I was ever called upon to help another when facing life and death I would be there in a heartbeat. It is always amazing when you see all the wrong that is in this society present day and to see how many caring human beings are out there that would bend over backwards to help give someone a fresh start in life if they are ever called upon. Rumple, my hat is off to you and all those who are willing to help others. It was always truly satisfying to be transporting the surgical teams, patients, etc, or even going on an organ harvest since I knew that a certain someone in life would be benefiting from someone else's loss and would get that second chance at life.

3 5 0

If you are reading, 'you can beat this thing, others have.'
Best wishes, we are all pulling for you.

Every day is a gift, never forget.

I can only imagine how hard things must be for you and I'm willing to bet that it's going to be a tuff road. Once you've beat this, I know the doors of aviation will open wide and welcome one of it's own home. Opertunity will be here for you and soon you will be back where you belong.

Keep your chin up!:D

J.M. I heard it through the alumni grapevine this evening and the news is just heart breaking. I wish her all luck in world as she tackles this new challenge.

Btdt

My son (now 16 yo) was diagnosed with a brain tumor some 18 monthsago.Surgery, pathology, meet with oncologists, more docs,moreopinions,etc, etc. My wife and I thought the worst. After a periodofuntold stess and worry, everything is mostly OK right now. He was 14atdiagnosis and he and I were looking for something for him to usetolearn to fly (172, Citabria, something). That won't happen duetoseizure medication, but right now he is fine otherwise. Driving,goingto school, ballgames, everything a 16 year old does. He had adozenbuddies over last night for an all night"Texas Hold 'emTournament". Isometimes forget that there was a time I thought that myfamily wouldnever have a "normal" again.

These things have much better outcomes than our fears cause us todread.Those of us who have been flying for a while know better thanmost thatnone of us has any promise except today. My family hasdecided to holdon to the present and deal with the problems the futuremay bring whenthey arrive.

We may have to deal with this tumor again; he has follow up scansevery4 months. But until it returns, we will live our lives. It took awhilefor me to come to this stance, and it will take some time for youaswell.

I'll say a prayer for this and all the Leukemia kids.

Latest resources

Back