• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MLBWINGBORN

Freedom Fighter
Great news..

SWA has now made the wearing of a uniform hat optional..For those of you thinking of interviewing at SWA that otta be just the thing to seal the deal..No hats!!!
This place just gets better and better!!

Optional eh, seeing as how I'm going bald maybe I'll wear it. By the way, can you wear cowboy boots?

RJ

Hey tri-star - is that you standing in front of the L1011 there? Every time I see that pic I think of Drew Carey. :D

Other airlines do this too.

Continental has a similar policy. Hats are optional during the summer months. Hey, Tri-Star Driver, didn't ATA have the same policy? I seem to remember some caveat in the FOM about hats being optional during hot weather. Is that still true, or has it changed?

I never really minded the hats as long as they weren't too big. Some people put those hats on and they look like a Russian Army or Banana Republic General (have you seen the size of some of those things?)

Along those lines, I do think the simpler the better when it comes to uniforms. I liked the thin stripes we had at UAL... made the uniform simple and sharp. Alaska and Aloha have similar stripes on their epaulets. You start wearing those big thick stripes... now you start looking like an Italian submarine commander (or something like that). And I just can't help it, but our buddies at Delta... I mean c'mon fellas, a double breasted coat with a NAME TAG?!?!? :eek: May as well have those ropes hanging on the shoulder, white gloves, and a sword at your side. Now Delta guys don't get your shorts in a bunch, I'm just bustin' your chops. :D

Oh wait, this is supposed to be interview discussion... SkyWest used to ask people about wearing the hat during the HR interview. There, I included interview discussion!

Regards,
RightBettor

RightBettor-

Your desription of the Delta uniform made me laugh out loud. I hope I can control my laughter the next time I see one of my Delta buddies in uniform.

Now that I think about it, though, I shouldn't laugh too hard. With my blue shirt, I might be mistaken for a DAL flight attendant or agent.

I think my recent comments to managment may have finally been heard..

The only hat with a higher brow than ours is a Russian Navy officers hat..

As for uniforms...You are no longer in the military...Get over it!!!
The uniform has never made the man so why keep looking like a Russian Admiral?

Something more stylish perhapes? A nice tweed?

Camel hair anyone?:p

Latest resources

Back