• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

One less pilot around, and looking for fellow pilot wisdom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know a guy who left a major to become a nurse anesthestist. The program is about 2 yrs of training and he's making over $100k with decent job security and benefits.

you shouldn't feel too down because you're message sounds a little melancholy. you sound tired. take a break. do something that challenges you and you enjoy. it ain't over yet but in the end having enough money to live comfortably is a basic and worthy goal.. like the other guy said the medical field is ripe with opportunity... even if you don't do it as a pro, don't quit flying... you never know , for me i have set the bar at 7 years when my kids go to college and I could sell the house and pay cash for something smaller. at that point I might try something radically different.. Bottom line... you're not alone pal..

Thank you all very much for your advice, I take every comment and advice serious and I respect it all. Sorry! I didn’t mean to sound negative or tired. I definitely don’t want discourage anybody in any way. I’m very optimistic for this change. I see a lot of positives and good opportunities to do something else that I might love and enjoy, in addition to be able to see my families and friends. In other words, is like seeing a different color at the end of the tunnel not just white. This is exiting and I’m just gathering ideas and comments so that I can choose right this time. Thank you all again

Callboy.

As posted earlier, FlightSafety and SimuFlight are solid companies, good pay and bennies, good contacts, and you keep your head in the game.

Also (don't flame me), the FAA is looking for lots of safety inspectors...lots! Bankers hours, weekends and hollidays off, pretty decent benifits and around 70k per year to start.

I'm considering both myself. That said, read my thread posted here...

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=114692&page=1

It got taken out of the majors forum and promptly died.

Last edited:
I've had my stuff in at the FAA for about 6 months now, but they have a hiring freeze in the western region right now. We'll see.

Latest resources

Back