• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Once respected job of being a pilot....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also don't look to get public respect, the airline industry is depressing, they don't want to hear about it.

I agree with flyingtoIST. Gen X/Y doesn't know how to behave. I can't stand their cockiness, lack of respect, and sloppy work. Not all of them are to blame, but I get one about every three months that runs around looking like he just got out of bed, making a sloppy landing off centerline, then proceeding to the doorway to say goodbye to the unsuspecting travelers. That's what this job has become. Thanks management.

>>then proceeding to the doorway to say goodbye to the unsuspecting travelers<<

Not so sure I get your point on this one... Whoever lands the plane is the one who is supposed to stand in the doorway, not necessarliy the captain.

For $18k a year, what'd ya expect?

For 18K a year, I bet that fart really stank, with all the sh!t we eat.

At least it was audible.....if it were the silent-type, you'da thunk it was the guy behind the desk.

And while we're on the topic, someone mind 'splaining to the Delta guys what a <<fart>> is?

>>then proceeding to the doorway to say goodbye to the unsuspecting travelers<<

Not so sure I get your point on this one... Whoever lands the plane is the one who is supposed to stand in the doorway, not necessarliy the captain.

Face time is on their minds way more than the flying or doing their job properly. To me, that is ass backwards.

For the record, Gen X grew up before ipods and the internet, when college and high-paying jobs were still not an obvious entitlement. I'm a highly educated senior military officer, and a gen xer...

Some of the gen Y really are @ss clowns from a professionalism point of view.

So...the younger generation is unproffesional, ungrateful, overpaid, oversexed, over privilaged..blah blah blah. I bet your grandfathers were bitching at your fathers for the same things.

Ok...well maybe not overpaid.

So...the younger generation is unproffesional, ungrateful, overpaid, oversexed, over privilaged..blah blah blah. I bet your grandfathers were bitching at your fathers for the same things.

Ok...well maybe not overpaid.

Of course every new generation gets blamed for this or that, but this is the era of MTV. Few of you can spell common words properly.

It is really sad to see whats becoming of our society. It just seems that so many people have absolutely NO respect for themselves or anyone else. It makes me sick to see how people have no class, dress any kind of way and take pride in nothing! You especially see this walking through any airport terminal these days! Being rude, selfish and a general dirtbag has just become the norm for so many folks. Will it ever change? I'm hopeful but not holding my breath waiting!

Latest resources

Back