• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Once a Air Force Fighter Pilot=Never Cool Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're right -- 9 pages of how cool Navy pilots are to fly with.

Nuff said.

;)

I don't know about that because the biggest a-hole I have ever flown with bar none hands down was a Navy guy. I mean LORD GOD KING over-controlling pr!ck with terrible stick and rudder skills. A real embarrassment to the airline. He managed to piss off almost everybody he came in contact with at work. That being said, the only CA I have on my avoidance bid right now is a civilian.

Pigeonholing a group of people is the easy, cowardly way of dealing with the world. Much like a negative attitude, (I am pegging the hyprocrisy meter on myself here....) it takes no courage at all to expect the worst too happen. True courage is reflected in working towards and expecting the best.

We had seasoned, combat veterans at TWA from the Vietnam War and they were the most laid back, professionally competent people you could ever hope to work with. They new a REAL emergency when they saw one, so most lights in the cockpit were not emergencies.

Frankly if you want to pigeonhole, it is us G.A. types who have no officer training trying to act like one that are the worst examples of attitudes in the cockpit. We emulate what we saw in the movies or what we imagine a commander is supposed to be. One of the great wrongs I have witnessed is to give a guy in his early 20's a "captaincy" on an RJ. Most young men, not all, but most, are not emotionally ready for the responsibility and one ends up seeing behaviours that are all over the place.

I have definately seen the pr#ck meter pegged more with us G.A. types than military types, fighter jocks included.

There, I ended up pigeonholing anyway.

I don't know about that because the biggest a-hole I have ever flown with bar none hands down was a Navy guy. I mean LORD GOD KING over-controlling pr!ck with terrible stick and rudder skills. A real embarrassment to the airline. He managed to piss off almost everybody he came in contact with at work. That being said, the only CA I have on my avoidance bid right now is a civilian.

Is this Dip Sh!t living in BNA and used to fly Harrier's? I had to babysit that mother f**ker for 3 days and listen to his drivel on how I would never upgrade for decades with my senority. He's going to end up being a patient on MEDLINK one of these days if he pulls this stuff with the wrong person....

BTW I could care less if you are Civilian or Military. The difference for me between a good Captain and a bad Captain is the good one's never forget what its like to sit in the right seat!

Last edited:
Kugelblitz- how old do you think military guys are when they first take a command? RJs are tragic- but that's not the reason why.

Is this Dip Sh!t living in BNA and used to fly Harrier's? I had to babysit that mother f**ker for 3 days and listen to his drivel on how I would never upgrade for decades with my senority. He's going to end up being a patient on MEDLINK one of these days if he pulls this stuff with the wrong person....

BTW I could care less if you are Civilian or Military. The difference for me between a good Captain and a bad Captain is the good one's never forget what its like to sit in the right seat!

Nope one of our Western bases but sounds like they are cut from the same mold.

Kugelblitz- how old do you think military guys are when they first take a command? RJs are tragic- but that's not the reason why.

But unlike us GA types, they are given extensive training in the role of officer and command decision making. I regret sounding as negative as I did about the young RJ captain issue.

Hey, take it easy on me! I was on my period.

:eek:

Latest resources

Back