• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

On the roll???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard 3 AA guys in a row do the flip-and-transmit -immediately routine on Saturday. Should I post a message here critiquing the whole airline? :rolleyes:

yup, duuude, dem catz dooo dat stuff all da freaaaking time, jus ta likez mess wit da Trannies!

My biggest beef: anybody who adds an extraneous "s" to their callsign. Delta and USAir guys: you know who you are.

My favorite ain't on the radio - it's when captain shorthaul hubturn decides to bid an international line so he can do a little Christmas shopping ("Don't worry my boy, I went to Narita twice when I was on the panel of the ten....")

So we're ready to push back in, ohhh let's say Shenzhen, or maybe Dubai, and he says to the tug driver, "Aaaaaaalright young feller, we just got our clearance to push back and start, so if you're ready and got your chopsticks all put away, ha ha, go ahead and get us out there with our snout to the west, let us know when it's clear to spin 'em...."

This poor bastard on the tug knows like three words of English, and just heard none of them. Chaos ensues. Why can't people a) use fewer words, and b) speak them slower, when dealing with folks who don't speak English as their mother tongue?

I always thought "on the roll" was a nice way of telling the tower controller that he didn't have to send my competitors aircraft on a go-around if he was on a somewhat of a short final, but hey I'm unproffesional.

As soon as that elevator gets to the lobby and the door opens, several people are nose to nose right at the door waiting to rush in like there was no possibility of someone else being actually inside the elevator getting out.

I hate that. I always stand right in front of the door and as soon as it starts to open I barge right out with my arms folded. I've actually had people crash into me as they immediately rush into the elevator.

Kind of like pre 9/11 when following Aunt Bunny up the jetway and there is her whole fam damily standing RIGHT in the front of the door so that nobody else can exit.

My biggest beef: anybody who adds an extraneous "s" to their callsign. Delta and USAir guys: you know who you are.

For some reason I thought US's official call sign was "US Airways," which can sound lot like "US Air's." Confirm?

Ive got something thats even worse than "on the roll" or whatever else....

Lets say your riding in an elevator in the hotel from your 5th floor hall down to the lobby, to go get dinner or whatnot.

As soon as that elevator gets to the lobby and the door opens, several people are nose to nose right at the door waiting to rush in like there was no possibility of someone else being actually inside the elevator getting out.

Really people, just like on the radios, wait maybe 2-3 seconds, stand back a comfortable distance, and wait for other people to exit the elevator before you and your husband in his cutoff t-shirt rush the door like a 3rd world airline boarding process.

I can tolerate a lot of things in this world, but that one really gets to me.

Just a peeve of mine.

They are just so used to the Southwest boarding process...

The only time I will use "on the roll" is if my fish finder is clear.

Latest resources

Back