On the road questions...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flashbang

What kind of hotels do you guys stay in while on the road? Does your boss expect you to share a room with the other pilot?

When you get airlined, is it customary to fly in first or business class seat or do you go in the back? Does it even matter?

Per diem vs. company credit card? Which one do you prefer?

Do you share a rental car with the other guy or do each of you rent your own?

I'm looking for the "industry-standard" answers..

You never share a room, you always fly in the back, most prefer a company credit card, you share a rental car.

What kind of hotels do you guys stay in while on the road? Does your boss expect you to share a room with the other pilot?
Hilton, sheraton, marriott must be an american hotel when overseas. Sharing a room is against the law and downright wrong.

When you get airlined, is it customary to fly in first or business class seat or do you go in the back? Does it even matter?
Trips over 5 hours are buisness class. American carriers

Expenses on my credit card (miles) which they re emburse

I'm looking for the "industry-standard" answers..

Never, ever, ever share a hotel room. Anything in the Holliday Inn, Hilton, Marriott family. No super 8 or motel 6. Always ride in back when airlining, always share a rental car. Personal expenses on my card, reimbursed later. Eat what I want, when I want, no Ruth Chris or Mortons steakhouse, anything below that level is fair game.

Hilton chains if possible, no sharing.

Coach...least expensive fare available.

Company card all the way.

What rental car???

1. Hilton, Marriot Sheraton ect. US hotels overseas unless known ... IE Cabo. One important thing to note ... if it is a busy weekend and all the Hiltons, Marriots ect are $300/night so be it. No dumbing it down because it is expensive. NEVER SHARE A ROOM. It is a jet for crying out load.
2. We do per diem except international and HI then it is direct. Boss always buys at least one Morton style dinner on the road although so it is a wash with perdiem. Hilton diamond = free breakfast.
4. Use company CC for all purchases except meals (per diem)
3. We always fly coach domesticly and within Canada and MX. Overseas is business.
4. Share a car.

Had an interesting night in london. I had booked a room for two nights at the Hilton at 560 a night. Boss calls me and tells me we're leaving a day early. Hilton wouldn't pull the charge on the next night. (I didn't checkout so they couldn't sell the room twice.) Told the boss it cost him 1200 pounds because of the call to leave early.

It costs what it costs was his reply. Made me chuckle. He laughed harder when i told him how i screwed hilton back. :)

Diesel said:
Had an interesting night in london. I had booked a room for two nights at the Hilton at 560 a night. Boss calls me and tells me we're leaving a day early. Hilton wouldn't pull the charge on the next night. (I didn't checkout so they couldn't sell the room twice.) Told the boss it cost him 1200 pounds because of the call to leave early.

It costs what it costs was his reply. Made me chuckle. He laughed harder when i told him how i screwed hilton back. :)

D,

I'd have done the same thing but...you didn't screw the Hilton. At 560 per, they had a romp with your boss. Notice any lipstick on him?

caseyd

I know i tried the diamond desk. No help. oh well

While i know that 560 is steep it was the best deal i could find at the time. Which was a suprise.

I ran it by the boss because i had some serious concerns but he had no problem with it. Besides it was the cheapest price around. :) I just wish I wasn't only there for 2 days.

Now the geneva hilton that place is a trip. Weird. G100 maybe we can hook up next time over there. Hit that blond brew pub.

Latest resources

Back