Omni Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aa5b

Can any omni guys shed some light on the conditions there?

What are the trips like?
Reserve?
Commuting?
Training?
Contract Talks?
Overall Quality of Life?

Thanks for the info!

You're better off on your Saab than going there. Have you seen their payrates? Working 95 hours in your Saab will make you more than getting their payrate at 60 hrs/month.

What are the trips like?
Reserve?
Commuting?
Training?
Contract Talks?
Overall Quality of Life?

Mostly international. DC-10 and 767 usually do 1 leg, 757 usually have a tech stop.

All reserve no lines.

No commuting at the moment all home base for pilots that is.

Training is pretty straight forward if you study.

The contract is still in negotiations, but personally I believe once we get one this place won't be that bad to work for.

Quality of life depends who you talk to. Personally I think it could be alot better, but I said that about the other places I worked as well. Quality of life will improve with a contract. I guess it is mainly what you are looking for. I enjoy the block of days off and not having to commute on my off days and we do have split lines not all 18 days in a row.

You're better off on your Saab than going there. Have you seen their payrates? Working 95 hours in your Saab will make you more than getting their payrate at 60 hrs/month.

I assume you work for Colgan or Mesaba, but even working 95 hours a month as a FO may barely put you over what you make here if that. There are good things and bad things about both, but here you don't have to pay for a crash pad and spend your off days commuting. The other upside is you will be flying a much more comfortable plane and not doing alot of legs each day.

If you are close to upgrade, if you are not a captain already, I would stay put.

3600 total, 1400 jet PIC, 2100 jet and a dc10 captain recommendation = not competitive.

Latest resources

Back