• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Omni Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Which fleets are they hiring onto nowadays? If you were hired today, which fleet would you likely get? I presume they have PFEs for the DC10s.

The big O is bleeding pilots pretty badly I hear. Most hiring is into the light twin fleet right now.

My 6K TT, 6 types including MD11 and A320 wasn't good enough according to their HR since apparently I'm "non current"...

Guess when a pilot is laid off in this world, his career ends.. So much for the days when you sat sideways 5 years before you got into the right seat!

My 6K TT, 6 types including MD11 and A320 wasn't good enough according to their HR since apparently I'm "non current"...

Guess when a pilot is laid off in this world, his career ends.. So much for the days when you sat sideways 5 years before you got into the right seat!

Alot of it is who you know. Good crews to fly with over there, although gone alot.

My personal opinion is you have way too much experience. They know if they get you current then you'll be snatched up by a better carrier....The current hiring matra is to find folks that will HAVE to stay at Omni for a least a few years....

My personal opinion is you have way too much experience. They know if they get you current then you'll be snatched up by a better carrier....The current hiring matra is to find folks that will HAVE to stay at Omni for a least a few years....

doesn't surprise me... I worked at a bottom feeder 135 that went thru a phase when industry hiring was picking up where they only hired guys with violations, or other baggage... Sad too, cause at 41 I'm getting to the point where I might just hang it up at the next job, no matter how crappy..

Best of luck to all of us!

Spoke to the HR dept. last thursday and was asked to submit my resume. Possible hiring down the road into a pool.

Latest resources

Back