• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Omni Air International?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually my friend said not enough flying about 50 hours a month. The only way to make more than guarantee is to work on days off. Once again he sits a lot in the sand box for days.

I'll say again, upgades are not based on senority but on experience and merrit, (are you willing to work on your days off if needed even if you just got back from a 21 day trip).

What happens when the war winds down, since they are mainly pax, and the DOD doesn't need as much lift. Furloughs? Unless, that is, until we march into Iran.

atlcrashpad said:
The WAR aint gwoin ta grind down anytime soon.....

Agreed... W and his cronies are here for almost 3 more years. our current foreign policy will keep all the MAC contract airlines very busy until then, and then a while longer after we fix all the things we screwed up overthere!

cargoflyr69 said:
Agreed... W and his cronies are here for almost 3 more years. our current foreign policy will keep all the MAC contract airlines very busy until then, and then a while longer after we fix all the things we screwed up overthere!

I'm just saying, maybe 5 more years or so...maybe a few more or less, but is it a career plac?. I don't think so, when they put all there eggs in one basket.

DrProc said:
I'm just saying, maybe 5 more years or so...maybe a few more or less, but is it a career plac?. I don't think so, when they put all there eggs in one basket.

They don't just do DOD, they also do charter for vacation agencies.

We don't have 21 day schedules, only if you volunteer or are held out do you have to stay out that long. Most of our trips are broke up 9 on 13 off 9 on. You could go into the next month which would keep you away for awhile. The schedules do change monthly, so 18 days out is a possibility. As far as stability who knows. It doesn't seem to me there is any place that is a career airline anyway. Things change too much what is good today may be bad tomorrow. It's good experience and it is what you make of it. The best thing about Omni to me is the home base. I can live pretty much anywhere in the country and don't have to worry about commuting to work.

fatazz said:
The best thing about Omni to me is the home base. I can live pretty much anywhere in the country and don't have to worry about commuting to work.

When you airline to work, is it buisness class or economy?

Not blasting anyone or anything here but I had a real strange experience with them about a year ago when I interviewed there. You form your own opinion(s).
Was called for an interview after I got a recommendation from someone I knew there and had previously flown with. They paid for my accommodation but the travel out was on my nickel and cost me a bundle (not to mention, three sectors to get there!)
Viewed a video about OMNI, filled in an app then went for a fairly informal interview based on my resume and their plans at the time. Also took a 20-question multi-choice tech exam loosely based on the ATP. Should have had a sim eval as well but the local FBO was using it and it was not available. Yes, folks it's a FRASCA 142 or similar!!! Or at least it was. That was it and I was then invited to a BBQ lunch in the hangar before being driven back to the pax terminal. All very friendly and I felt good. No class dates were mentioned but I was given a 30-page security package to complete and return within 2 weeks.
Later found out that the package was not proof-read and was incorrect, so they Fedexed me another and extended the deadline. Again, no class dates mentioned just fill it in and send to us asap as we want to be ready to roll when classes are announced. Nothing wrong with that.
I then had to go back to my overseas carrier for a few weeks and found out that HR had sent FBI finger print cards (usually the final stage before class). I prompty called them back letting them know I would be back the following week to fill them out and that I was real excited about coming on board. Then the bombshell. The guy that interviewed me sent an email saying after carefull review of my app, the interview, the written test and sim eval (which I did not take!!!!), he could not offer me a position. No explanation either on why the guy gave me the security package to fill out after the interview nor the FBI finger print cards sent by HR. All very strange. I did think about calling to see whether the left hand knew what the right hand was doing but thought better of it. I did, however, mention it to my LOR and never heard from him again.
Like I said, I was keen and flexible, just happened to be outside the country for about a week and they had not given any firm class dates. Then bam, we don't want you. Quite an experience but I moved on.

Latest resources

Back