Omni Air International?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rounder

I was wondering if anyone knew whether Omni was hiring and anything about them. I have done a search, but I haven't seen any info up to date. I am interested in your basic QOL issues, pay, upgrade time, commutability or home basing, time away from home, scheduling, etc. etc. Thanks for any and all info.

Plus if you work there, may I PM you a few questions about the company?

I don't work there but I have a very good friend who does and he likes it very much. The pay is not the greatest but he feels it is the best Non-sched he has worked at.

I worked at ATI and many of the folks from ATI went there and I have not heard anyone being unhappy. The director of training there is former ATI DOT and he had built the best program at ATI I have ever seen. When ATI let him get away it was a big mistake on thier part.

I would pursue Omni if not already employed so good luck with the search..........

I don't work there either.

Well, one thing about Omni is that they fly pax, DC-10s and 757s. I don't think they have a freight operation. It is supposed to be a good place to work, the benefits and potential fast upgrade balance out the not-so-hot hourly pay rate. Pilots are home-based and they fly you to your assignment. You will spend a lot of time away from home, like 20 days/month, which makes it a no-go for me, personally. Good luck to you, everything I have heard is that it is a nice outfit.

I also have a friend that works there and he is doing everything he possibly can to get out. Horrible pay and never home. Upgrades are not on senority basis but on experience and merrit.

My friend left ASA last march to go to Omni and regrets it every day.
He spends most of his time sitting in Germany and the middle east.

I got a call from Omni in july for an interview and never called back. S

No it was his friend Andy

another question?

Do you know whether your friend wanted out just because of being away from home for so long or are there other reasons. For example have you heard anything badly about their work rules,being used on scheduled days off etc. from your friend. I am really interested in this company and just would like to find out as much as i can from every angle. I would also be leaving a good regional and don't want to make a bad decision. Thanks again.

A friend of mine was there (he left)....reiterated some of what was posted above.....

Reasonably quick upgrades, VERY long tours, long sits in the EU, lot's of "troop" shuttles, and MANY legs that happen to block in at the max for a 3 crew plane...

food for thought.

Latest resources

Back