• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Omifreakinggod!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Plus...and this is really nit-picky...the nosewheel tires should only smoke once, since they'd already be up to speed after the first impact. And they shouldn't have smoked quite so much.

Duke's right about the inertia, too. I didn't think that looked quite right.

However, it's very good. We're getting close to the point where photo/video evidence is worthless!

ShawnC said:
Found it:
http://movies.lazyeights.net/landing.mpeg

I am not so sure saabcaptian, it's pretty seamless transition between the real background on the aircraft. I think it's an actual aircraft modified in post production (adding the extra bounces) for the commercial.

Okay, about the tire smoke on the nose gear. Some of the 727's we had were modified with nose gear brakes. They were used on the old St. Thomas runway and that was the only time 40 flaps were used on the 727 by AA. Captains had to get specially qualified to do the run.

So, if they are doing some sort of test, the nose wheel tires could be stopped each time. I noticed the last time after the fourth bounce when it was rolling out, the airplane nose dived and the front tires smoked again. Obviously this aircraft has nose gear brakes.

The "PA" looks like it was thrown in for fun. I noticed there's a little bit of editing between the set-up and the landing, with overdubbing at the end with the "commercial."

I have no idea why anyone would man-handle an airplane in that manner. I saw an airplane that had broken its back by slamming the nose gear down. It crinkled the skin on top about 20 feet back and broke the fuslelage frame.

I can't tell if this is fake, (I don't know about Airbus gear and gear doors, and like I said, I don't know if this wasn't a planned abuse test although I can't imagine someone intentionally trying to break an airplane) but it certainly looks real.

Later in the roll out I noticed the anti-collision lights, and I noticed he didn't deploy his spoilers until after all the attempts to use the nose wheel braking. The background noise sounds credible, as well as the laughing starting at the second bounce and the "Oh man!" I think this is a real airplane.

At any rate, it's a real hoot!

The tires are way out of porportion with the rest of the plane, and you cannot see any control surfaces moving upon touchdown. To get that radical of a pitch change you'd have to go full deflection... assuming you were defying the laws of physics and you were able to get a 200,000 lb airplane bouncing that fast. Real footage of a model airplane.

The only problem with the Flight Sim theory is -

I have wasted many hours on FS 2002 and 04, and have yet to see a moving truck of flying bird anywhere in the sim world!

You have to be kidding!

I can't believe any of you guys think this has any remote chance of being real. And the guy on the ground is listening in on the plane's intercom too. Come on!

Latest resources

Back