• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Omifreakinggod!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not sure but it was filmed for a commercial for some European sports championship.

Give me a second and I will find the commercial and post it on my website.

Can't find the file on my file server. I think I moved that file to my DVD archives. I will look for it and post it later.

Found it:
http://movies.lazyeights.net/landing.mpeg

I am not so sure saabcaptian, it's pretty seamless transition between the real background on the aircraft. I think it's an actual aircraft modified in post production (adding the extra bounces) for the commercial.

I once saw a C650 bounce the nose gear at least four times (possibly more, he was hidden from view at touchdown) at BUY once. Is there something specific that causes this in larger aircraft, or is it just a combination of things?

Minh
(I've bounced the nose gear on a Skyhawk a time or twelve ... but the main gear wasn't on the ground at the time. :D)

Upon looking at more I think now the foreground/aircraft may not be MSFS (FlightSim) but I still don't think it is real, I think digital editing has been done...

I gotta say it looks like real footage... of a model aircraft. I think the tire smoke was added by special effect (digital or otherwise). The tower communication is obviously fake.

The bottom line is that the main gear struts are shaped wrong and the strut well doors are missing. Model or CGI...the airplane's fake. I suspect, however, that the background is real.

Looks good but...

I have to agree - something was probably done in postproduction, like the squirrels causing the car wreck, or it could be a model. An actual airplane would not slam it's nose down that fast, due to inertia, and even if it did you would see big pieces coming off as it did so. Pretty funny though, once you accept the fakeness.

Latest resources

Back