• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

OK, who's got the gouge and the guts...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd be interested to hear your (the newbies) experiences, accurately and dispassionately.

On the other side of the coin, I received a nice note from Jenny Ford (my second such letter in a year and a half) saying that they currently are using a standard of 2,000 TT, which I did not know when I sent in my resume.

Why didn't I know? Remember all of the trouble I had just getting some basic info? I found it just a little bit frustrating. No harm done, though.

I'll bet it's a great company to work for, especially considering today's aviation environmment of shrinking jobs and falling salaries. Any info that can guide and inform the rest of us would be welcome.

What have you learned about upgrades? How many Lears will be added this year? How is the lifestyle? Are pilots treated equally, based on expereince, or is there a culture of racial and gender preferences? How would you describe the corporate culture? Was WalMart your first choice, or a fallback position because your first choice was no longer hiring?

The floor is yours, so let's hear it.

Please.

Timebuilder left out the most important question, are there employee discounts? How much? I really need some tube socks, BVD's (the old ones have some slicks), and an icee.:D

WAL-MART

If the flight department requirements are anything like working in a store, you must be:

1. Partially Gimpy and/or legally disabled, yet, able to obtain a FAA Second Class Medical (barely)

2. ONLY a High School Graduate or received a GED

3. Able to work alot of overtime, every holiday and weekend without complaining or filing "frivolous" lawsuits against them for only paying you for 40 hours a week regardless of how much more you actually worked

4. A "yes-man" (or woman)

5. 50 pounds or more overweight and/or a minority

Just add doesn't speak English to the list and they could qualify for any fast food chain.

On the beach,

I think your best bet would be to search the previous Wal Mart posts, find the 2 or 3 that work there and post on this board and send them a PM. Doesn't look like you're getting anywhere with the thread.

Good luck!

2000Flyer

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back