Ok, I know Im going to take flak for this

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AirBadger said:
Saw this video on youtube of an ILS approach at ERAU: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdWfcBvLO_U&mode=related&search=

At 2:30 the flight instructor yells at his student for not flaring properly. Is it just me, or was his tone entirely inapropriate for the cockpit? Go ahead and flame me, but this guy sounds like a grade A jacka$$ to me.
Yeah, that was kind of stupid. Hard to tell if he was joking or not. I'd hope an instructor wouldn't be that big of a jackass.

I know this'll come up at some point, so I might as well get it out of the way before Metro comes around: I'm unclear as to where it says it's ERAU...

Very unprofessional of ANY instructor to act in that manner with a student. I had an instructor yell at me ONCE several years ago when I was working on my instrument rating. I quickly informed him that if it happened again, we would be making an immediate return to the airport, where I would immediately whip his prissy little a$$ and find another instructor. We got along just fine after that.

I don't think it was a Riddle plane.

You can hear him talk to Tower about exiting the runway and he didn't use a Riddle callsign or tailnumber from what I could hear.

BTW, there is like 7 other flight schools at DAB....

I don't think that the instructor talking like that to a student makes him an ass. More like filming the approach to landing makes them a bigger ass in my book. If it is an instructor he obviously isn't doing his job by bringing along his gay video camera for a lame ILS approach in VMC.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it was someone in the backseat, like a friend who went along for the ride.

gkrangers said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it was someone in the backseat, like a friend who went along for the ride.

In the "About this video" box on the right he says its his voice that you can hear.

Man, that looked like a really tough approach. Thank goodness they had the approach lights up all the way! :puke:

Latest resources

Back