• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Oil Spike Won't Derail NWA/Delta Merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And, I think our financials ARE BETTER than any Legacy out there.

They're not. Q2 results will come out and show this.

GL said:
We are number 3, and we are acquiring NWA to get some of their $3 billion in cash---to amass $7 billion total to get us through this fuel crisis. Bye Bye--General Lee

Ummm...hello....you will have more cash, but a much larger airline that will be burning through the cash just as fast. (DC-9's and 747's drinking gas like Doug Parker goes through beer) Your own executives admit that it will cost $1B just to consummate this merger. As far as your "cash" estimate goes, you can throw that right out the window. Your Ed Bastard even admits (right in the article) that your cash on hand will be less than the stated figure.

I also like how Tammy Lee is floating trial balloons for future layoffs and cuts in service. Yeah... it's not because of the merger....it's because of "high oil."

Whatever you say Tammy. I have to admit that I am envious of the way these executives are lying through their teeth! It's almost as if I have trained them.....PERSONALLY!

I'll save your executive team the phone call and have Harvey Miller call them.

They're not. Q2 results will come out and show this.

Ummm...hello....you will have more cash, but a much larger airline that will be burning through the cash just as fast. (DC-9's and 747's drinking gas like Doug Parker goes through beer) Your own executives admit that it will cost $1B just to consummate this merger. As far as your "cash" estimate goes, you can throw that right out the window. Your Ed Bastard even admits (right in the article) that your cash on hand will be less than the stated figure.

I also like how Tammy Lee is floating trial balloons for future layoffs and cuts in service. Yeah... it's not because of the merger....it's because of "high oil."

Whatever you say Tammy. I have to admit that I am envious of the way these executives are lying through their teeth! It's almost as if I have trained them.....PERSONALLY!

I'll save your executive team the phone call and have Harvey Miller call them.

Thanks Frank, do you have the Lotto numbers too? Riiiiiiight. So anyway, I believe our chances of surviving this mess are better than most, and so does Ed Bastain, the guy you claim is lying. . You need to re-read this article again. Also, I don't know which planes could be parked, but I bet you might be right---some of those DC9s and 742s may not make it through the process. If that is true, the NWA guys will take the brunt of that----and when they ask for fences for the 744s, our guys will also make sure they fence the DC9s.

As far as cash flow, if we EVER need more, we can ask our buddies in France---they will easily make an investment in our future---heck, they wanted to do that initially with the NWA acquisition. They wanted to throw $750 million to us, and we said we didn't need it. But, I am sure we could get it if we did need it. Did Ed Bastain make a mistake by not accepting it? Maybe he knows more than you do about Delta's actual liquidity and upcoming debt payments etc. Imagine that? Frank Lorenzo NOT knowing it all. Refreshing, actually. And you can save your call to Harvey Miller.

Bye Bye--General Lee

some of those DC9s and 742s may not make it through the process. If that is true, the NWA guys will take the brunt of that----and when they ask for fences for the 744s, our guys will also make sure they fence the DC9s.

I wasn't just referring to NWA's DC-9's. Your beloved MD-88's and other sundry Douglas products are...... drum-roll please......DC-9's.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome aboard Delta Air Lines! Sit back, relax, and enjoy tonight's in-flight movie.... 'Titanic' ....."

I wasn't just referring to NWA's DC-9's. Your beloved MD-88's and other sundry Douglas products are...... drum-roll please......DC-9's.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome aboard Delta Air Lines! Sit back, relax, and enjoy tonight's in-flight movie.... 'Titanic' ....."

So, is a 737-900 the same as a 737-200? Come on Frank, let's see how much you really know about planes, you ran a airline, right? I guess not. The MD88 has an FMS and autothrottle, both of which can help with fuel burns, which save money for the company. An MD88 carries more people, which can lower the CASM. The MD88 is quieter, and has better range---ours go to Roatan, Honduras twice on Saturdays, and all the way to St Croix on Saturdays too. The DC9 cannot even come close. Good try again Frank. You are probably watching a different movie-----"Bird Cage" with Robin Williams and Nathan Lane.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Rantings of a Lunatic!!!

Thanks Frank, do you have the Lotto numbers too? Riiiiiiight. So anyway, I believe our chances of surviving this mess are better than most, and so does Ed Bastain, the guy you claim is lying. . You need to re-read this article again. Also, I don't know which planes could be parked, but I bet you might be right---some of those DC9s and 742s may not make it through the process. If that is true, the NWA guys will take the brunt of that----and when they ask for fences for the 744s, our guys will also make sure they fence the DC9s.

As far as cash flow, if we EVER need more, we can ask our buddies in France---they will easily make an investment in our future---heck, they wanted to do that initially with the NWA acquisition. They wanted to throw $750 million to us, and we said we didn't need it. But, I am sure we could get it if we did need it. Did Ed Bastain make a mistake by not accepting it? Maybe he knows more than you do about Delta's actual liquidity and upcoming debt payments etc. Imagine that? Frank Lorenzo NOT knowing it all. Refreshing, actually. And you can save your call to Harvey Miller.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Once again we see that the General has lost all touch with reality....

Air France agreed to invest in the merger under the ORIGINAL TERMS...... When that fell through, they dumped the offer. DAL at no point "said they didn't need the cash." That is absolutely nuts!

Just about as nuts as your statement that the BK recovery plan being based on oil prices of $72 per barrel..... You denial means nothiing-it is still absolutely true-public disclosure, you nut job!

Par for the course, Gen... Just get back to your collection of severed puppy heads.

-You have officially lost your ever-loving mind!

This message is hidden because Jmoney is on your ignore list.

Valdosta, Flint, Valdosta, Flint.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Once again we see that the General has lost all touch with reality....
Once again we jhome trying to touch the General!

Air France agreed to invest in the merger under the ORIGINAL TERMS...... When that fell through, they dumped the offer. DAL at no point "said they didn't need the cash." That is absolutely nuts!
Wow, all this intelligence and the best employment you can get was an f/o position at ASA?? BF surprise!

Just about as nuts as your statement that the BK recovery plan being based on oil prices of $72 per barrel..... You denial means nothiing-it is still absolutely true-public disclosure, you nut job!
Speaking of nuts, just how do you manage to speak with your mouth full of them?

Par for the course, Gen... Just get back to your collection of severed puppy heads.

-You have officially lost your ever-loving mind!

And you still keep trying to get a date with him!
I bet your shrink has made $$thousands off you!:laugh: I'm just wondering how some small man like you can afford it on your stellar paycheck!:laugh:
Now quick, sign out, and back in as tanker clown with one of your famous BK snipits in, 3.........2.........1.........

Latest resources

Back