Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Oil prices tumble, here comes the profit sharing...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its not bag fees and change fees, it all started with BK. None of this is possible without it. Debate that. You can't and u know it.

Uhhhhhhhhh, BK has helped a lot of corporations, and people. Nothing to debate. When your company needs it, you can do it, and we'll all high 5 thanks to a process that saves jobs and helps fill attorney pockets.

But, bag and change fees will help keep other companies out of BK. Thank Gawd for those! Amirite? You betcha!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Uhhhhhhhhh, BK has helped a lot of corporations, and people. Nothing to debate.

Bye Bye---General Lee

And that's a horrible way to run US corporations. If you can't cut it, you should actually be gone.

In your world, you get a second chance by gutting labor contracts, leasing contracts, any provider contracts. Well, any possible commitment you previously made.

And your good with that right Genny? Really something to be proud of.

Hey Jonny Juan, here's a portion of another article describing the latest Q3 fuel numbers for DL:

"Delta is forecasting lower fuel prices in the fourth quarter, which analysts said will be a boon.

"Earnings beat our expectations, cost control is very good, and with oil prices down in the fourth quarter and into 2015 likely, the company has a nice tail wind," Jim Corridore of S&P Capital IQ said in an interview."

Jonny, You're WRONGY......

Bye Bye---General Lee

And that's a horrible way to run US corporations. If you can't cut it, you should actually be gone.

In your world, you get a second chance by gutting labor contracts, leasing contracts, any provider contracts. Well, any possible commitment you previously made.

And your good with that right Genny? Really something to be proud of.

Redflyer for Czar of Jack-hole-istan! Make sure everyone who goes BK (including personal BK) is thrown out of the country or killed outright! No second chances for anyone, ever! Yikes....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Redflyer for Czar of Jack-hole-istan! Make sure everyone who goes BK (including personal BK) is thrown out of the country or killed outright! No second chances for anyone, ever! Yikes....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hey Doosh. Show me where I said 'Personal Bankruptcy'?

Just copy and paste that...

Hey Doosh. Show me where I said 'Personal Bankruptcy'?

Just copy and paste that...

Maybe you didn't (did you like how I stated that?). Anyway, you sounded like a mean Russian dictator, hence your new title: Czar of Jack-hole-istan. I kinda like it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Where is Jonny Juan? I've got some more quotes from today's conference call concerning upcoming fuel prices and how they might affect DL. Redflyer might be interested too. These quotes came from transcripts via Seeking Alpha.

RA answering a question:

"The refinery made a $19 million profit for the quarter which lowered our fuel price by $0.02 per gallon. The refinery?s profit represents a $16 million improvement over the same period last year. A key driver of the profitability was our domestic crude initiative as we processed 100,000 barrels per day of domestic crude during the quarter. We are on-pace to achieve our goal of averaging 70,000 barrels per day for the full year, which should increase to 100,000 barrels per day in 2015. For the December quarter, we?re expecting to pay $2.69 to $2.74 per gallon for fuel including the refinery and hedge impacts. This includes the projected profit of the refinery of $20 million driven by widening crack spreads. The refinery team is running a great operation and continuous to generate meaningful year-over-year improvements there.

At current crude prices, we?ll have approximately $100 million of hedge losses in the December quarter while our 2015 hedge book is near breakeven with a solid amount of protection at current price levels. Even with these hedge losses, we?ve participated in 80% of the price declines since late June. With the expected December quarter losses, our hedges reduced our overall fuel costs by roughly $160 million for 2014."

Another question for RA about lower oil prices:

"Let me just answer it generally. We can?t speak on behalf of the industry, we can only speak on behalf of Delta and that?s all we will speak on behalf of. But when you think about where fuel prices are today versus where they were just a few weeks ago, it?s in excess of a $1 billion of cost of goods sold improvement. So overall the fuel price reductions we?ve seen in the marketplace are a huge opportunity going forward."

And a question for the CFO, Paul Jacobson, about the profitability of the refinery, whether the profit was for the year or the Quarter:

"Hi, Linda, this is Paul Jacobson. We, that was guidance for the fourth quarter, so we produced a $19 million profit in the third quarter and we anticipate approximately a $20 million profit for the fourth quarter, the team up there is doing a fabulous job of running the plant and they?re keeping it up and operational."

Thanks Juany and Red. Have a great night!
Btw, the profit sharing will be at least double what it was last year, which means 2 months pay. (Part of that, about 1/3, was already advanced to employees earlier this month)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Maybe you didn't (did you like how I stated that?). Anyway, you sounded like a mean Russian dictator, hence your new title: Czar of Jack-hole-istan. I kinda like it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

A 'mean Russian dictator' would be a "Tsar."

The term "Czar" is generally reserved for a person appointed to a position, and wielding powers normally reserved for an elected official (or at least an official vetted by the electorate's representatives). And before you proclaim yourself "Czar of FI Absurdity," a title for which you undoubtedly qualify, keep in mind that you have to be appointed by someone other than yourself.

Glad I could help.

Bubba

A 'mean Russian dictator' would be a "Tsar."

The term "Czar" is generally reserved for a person appointed to a position, and wielding powers normally reserved for an elected official (or at least an official vetted by the electorate's representatives). And before you proclaim yourself "Czar of FI Absurdity," a title for which you undoubtedly qualify, keep in mind that you have to be appointed by someone other than yourself.

Glad I could help.

Bubba

Thanks, Red just appointed you Prime Minister of Jack-hole-istan. Your VIP plane will be an old 737-300. Congrats, but your pilots will have to pay for their training first, so that may take awhile.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back