Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Oil prices tumble, here comes the profit sharing...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe the price of fuel isn't in our profit sharing calculations ???.. Which is a good thing .. It's based on other stats .. So we're not screwed by the swings of oil. Correct me if I wrong..

I think you've got two programs mixed up together. Profit sharing is a percentage of the profit - based on the amount of the profit the percentage is variable. Larger profit, larger percentage.

There's also a performance incentive program that pays out fixed amounts, I believe quarterly, for meeting certain performance metrics. On time, etc...

Just looked and cost (non-fuel are part of the calculations ) for our PBP that's what I was think of .... (
Alaska airlines )profits are of course the largest piece of the pie ...

The low cost of oil will most likely be offset with the cost of Ebola. I hate to say it and obviously hope it doesn't come to fruition.

The thread should be titled: "oil prices tumble, here comes the layoffs".

The low cost of oil will most likely be offset with the cost of Ebola. I hate to say it and obviously hope it doesn't come to fruition.

Looks like Cleveland may be just as bad Lagos if this isn't contained. What the heck is going on with that hospital in Dallas? Talk about Ridiculous.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Looks like Cleveland may be just as bad Lagos if this isn't contained. What the heck is going on with that hospital in Dallas? Talk about Ridiculous.

Bye Bye---General Lee

They weren't ready in any shape or form. Just like most of the local hospitals in this country. We should have shut down the West African passport holders (or US passport holders that have been there) 3 friggin' months ago.

For all of our sakes.

They weren't ready in any shape or form. Just like most of the local hospitals in this country. We should have shut down the West African passport holders (or US passport holders that have been there) 3 friggin' months ago.

For all of our sakes.

I agree.

Bye Bye---General Lee

It's based off of profits. Lower oil helps with that. I think you were thinking of the "no furlough clause" which counted high oil prices as one thing they couldn't furlough for.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Whoops. Lee is wrong once again. Like candy from a SKY dispatcher.

"But fuel, the airline's biggest single expense, jumped 29 percent to $2.95 billion. Delta recorded $347 million in charges for adjustments to fuel-hedging ? those are contracts to protect against big spikes in fuel prices, but they can backfire if oil prices fall."

Latest resources

Back