• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Oil Hits $70+ a barrel!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man, are you guys still on the Oil Thing....Forget making money there for now. SELLLL SELLLL SELLLLL Ring the Register..... Take the Money off the Table for now!!!!! Move it over to Apple Computer for a nice double between now and Tax Day, April 15.....Trust me...... The only thing that will stop a double here is if the market Tanks. It could possibly Tank but you should still be able to get out of Apple with a nice Stop Loss in place if your so inclined to use that trading strategy. Good Luck...Remember-------Im calling it a Double by TAX DAY........They just launched the Nano, and I believe they will soon be introducing a phone manufactured by themselves instead of using the ROKR by Motorola. I think the Nano makes it an easy double but the phone will undoubtedly be a hugh hit when it comes.

Techs are ready and ripe for Explosive Growth........Were entering an entire new and exciting Technology Era......

Yes folks you heard it here first on flightinfo.com. Your NEW source for financal news and investment advice by someone you do not even know. I am going to go out and cash out my 401k and buy some Apple stock and get rich quick.

I am so happy that I have an internet connection.

Perhaps I should not use the words "Trust Me". Anyhow, I really do believe this new product Apple has just announced will launch the companies earnings for Q1 and Q2 of 2006. This is just my opinion and as always everyone should do their own due dilligence. I was just passing along information that I am very excited about. What ever you do please dont cash in your 401k to purchase this company. If you have speculation money then thats fine but I would never recommend anyone put everything into one company. I know the guy above is being sarcastic but hes also correct. Do your own due dilligence. Just had to get that off my chest. I was very excited about this stock last night when I made the previous post and just wanted to pass along the information.

Still waiting for the backpack with built in iPod for the ultimate in regional FO superiority! ;)

The new Nano might be thinner than a number two pencil, but it costs 50 bucks more than a Mini for the same capacity. The two gig is only $199 but has half the storage of an equally priced Mini. Anybody who buys these things has too much disposable income and not enough common sense to go after the better value. Still bet they sell like hotcakes though...

PCL_128 said:
They aren't ripping anyone off. They sell a product, you get to decide whether to purchase said product. That's how it works. This isn't complicated. If you think they are overpricing their product, then don't buy it. Ride a bike to work for all I care, but stop the whining about oil company profits. The purpose of a business is to make as much money as possible.

Unfortunately, it would be impossibly complicated to just not participate in buying their product in this day and age. I can't think on anything I purchase; food, clothing, shelter included, that didn't have to be moved from it's point of origin to the store using oil, was somehow processed from a raw material to a final product using oil, or is just plain made from oil. (try boycotting plastic these days).

I certainly don't begrudge any company it's right to a profit in free-market captialist society. But the point the earlier fellows seem to be making is that it may be getting to a point where society has to make an adjustment in regards to how it allows capitialism to operate. This has happened many times in the past, in my opinion for the betterment of society as a whole. It doesn't make one a communist to believe that Unchecked Capitalism is detremental to society. At some point, enough is enough, unless you are prepared to defend such concepts as Child Labor, Indentured Servitude, Slavery, Rampant Pollution, etc...All of which were regulated by American Society in spite of the fact that they furthered the goal of making as much money as possible.

But we're not talking about slavery. We're talking about the price of a widely traded commodity, a price set in an open, non-monopoly market. The price is a largely accurate reflection of the scarcity of this commodity and the high price is its own solution: high fuel prices are already incentivizing people to buy more fuel efficient appliances, cars, etc. People will get serious once again about fuel economy and insulating their houses.

Further, what people in the US pay for gas is peanuts relative to what some others pay. British gas prices are currently about 92 pence (1/100th of a pound) per liter. That's about 3.50 pounds per gallon or somewhere around $6 per gallon. So Americans still have it far better than most of the world.

Snapshot said:
Unfortunately, it would be impossibly complicated to just not participate in buying their product in this day and age. I can't think on anything I purchase; food, clothing, shelter included, that didn't have to be moved from it's point of origin to the store using oil, was somehow processed from a raw material to a final product using oil, or is just plain made from oil. (try boycotting plastic these days).

I certainly don't begrudge any company it's right to a profit in free-market captialist society. But the point the earlier fellows seem to be making is that it may be getting to a point where society has to make an adjustment in regards to how it allows capitialism to operate. This has happened many times in the past, in my opinion for the betterment of society as a whole. It doesn't make one a communist to believe that Unchecked Capitalism is detremental to society. At some point, enough is enough, unless you are prepared to defend such concepts as Child Labor, Indentured Servitude, Slavery, Rampant Pollution, etc...All of which were regulated by American Society in spite of the fact that they furthered the goal of making as much money as possible.

Latest resources

Back