Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dizel8

Douglas metal
40+% of domestic passenger capacity on Ch.11 airlines. Two new Ch.11 filings of major carriers on the same day, oil prices out of sight!

Most of what we do on this board is fight, bitching about who did what to whom, who lowered the bar etc.

What should be clear, is that whether we like it or not, we are all pawns in the same game with little or no recourse. Organized unions are of little help, not only because you cannot squeeze a stone, but the company will assign the judge to simply walk all over the employees and impose whatever the company wishes.

We did not end up here because of pilots, we ended up here because of management and the competetive nature of the beast, just like GM against the Japanese.

Heck, the internet has made a profound change in travel, no longer are the days, where Crandall could manipulate the system in such a fashion that AA would always be on the top of the page at the travel office. SWA is not on the major ticket sites, one because it cost money and two, because often they are not the lowest price and that would not go well with the perception they are the low cost leader. (Although on average, they probably are, just not all the time).

We can adapt or we can sit around pining for the old days. Now, I could say we should all get along, but we probably cannot, since we are competitors and we all want to win. However, we really should try, since we are in it together.

There is enough blame to go around as to why we are our own worst enemy, every single group has it points and it failings. Some were granted willingly, some were imposed, some were imposed harder than others.

Last edited:
Dizel8 said:
Now, I could say we should all get along, but we probably cannot, since we are competitors and we all want to win. However, we really should try, since we are in it together.

Well, you could start by introducing me to the woman in your avatar. That would make me happy. ;)

Dizel8 said:
40+% of domestic passenger capacity on Ch.11 airlines. Two new Ch.11 filings of major carriers on the same day, oil prices out of sight!

Most of what we do on this board is fight, bitching about who did what to whom, who lowered the bar etc.

What should be clear, is that whether we like it or not, we are all pawns in the same game with little or no recourse. Organized unions are of little help, not only because you cannot squeeze a stone, but the company will assign the judge to simply walk all over the employees and impose whatever the company wishes.

We did not end up here because of pilots, we ended up here because of management and the competetive nature of the beast, just like GM against the Japanese.

Heck, the internet has made a profound change in travel, no longer are the days, where Crandall could manipulate the system in such a fashion that AA would always be on the top of the page at the travel office. SWA is not on the major ticket sites, one because it cost money and two, because often they are not the lowest price and that would not go well with the perception they are the low cost leader. (Although on average, they probably are, just not all the time).

We can adapt or we can sit around pining for the old days. Now, I could say we should all get along, but we probably cannot, since we are competitors and we all want to win. However, we really should try, since we are in it together.

There is enough blame to go around as to why we are our own worst enemy, every single group has it points and it failings. Some were granted willingly, some were imposed, some were imposed harder than others.

Diz,

Very well said. As for the opinionated sniping, www.wordfocus.com/word-act-blindmen.html

Juvat said:
Well, you could start by introducing me to the woman in your avatar. That would make me happy. ;)

ok so she has big fake tits...so what...havent seen them before? look at her face.... she's ugly man come on!

no such thing as an ugly blowjob though ;)

Latest resources

Back