Oh NO! There could be an RJ surplus!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
That's true. So, we are moving some domestic 767ERs and some 764s to fly international flights that don't compete with LCCs. 28 planes to be exact. We are cutting 16% domestic and adding 25% international.

Bye Bye--General Lee

...so the plan is to "Deadhead" to South America and fly back full? Since domestic will be cut 16% and International increased 25%, someone will have to supply the domestic feed for the International lift! Yet you feel the "RJ" in its present state is obsolete. Comair has to figure into this,somehow you seem to dismiss them in general. No inteindo muchaco!:pimp:

Last edited:
spinproof said:
someone will have to supply the domestic feed for the International lift!

The customers will use the "Multiple Carriers" button on Orbitz.com. Use a LCC to get to the city they need to catch the international flight from.

All I see in this is reduced RJ purchase/lease costs, making the CASM less, and the aircraft more attractive to other airlines.

FL000 said:
All I see in this is reduced RJ purchase/lease costs, making the CASM less, and the aircraft more attractive to other airlines.

If these RJ's are going to be returned to the lessor, then there will be somebody with dreams of having an airline and will get a sweet deal on them. They will start up a new regional airline with 50 seaters. The CRJ200's will become the new Metro, B1900, Jetstream, a cheap way to get into the airline biz. Which we all know is sooooo much fun.

A-ha! So this has been CommutAir's plan all this time! Forget Saabs and Dashes... we were just "holding out" for cheap jets! Yeah, that's it!

General Lee said:
Maybe Fred Greed can use the surplus 50 seaters on a shuttle service every 5 minutes from MDW to EWR for Virgin America? Businessmen love frequency........

Man, that would make for such an easy commute. We can only hope.

The generals MO is always the same he has fun by thriving off others misfortunes it makes his crappy little life seem that much better.

Pathetic but predictable

Jimdandy said:
The generals MO is always the same he has fun by thriving off others misfortunes it makes his crappy little life seem that much better.

Pathetic but predictable

I don't get that impression. Everyone knows the General's viewpoint on RJs - he's not a fan. I think he makes a great point. His point about operating RJs in a high-frequency model just outlines how wrong the original premise was. Clearly it doesn't work from an economic standpoint nowadays or from a comfort standpoint for the most likely high frequency passengers - high-margin business passengers who will do anything to avoid uncomfortable RJs.

The day will soon come when I can have an RJ in my backyard, and I can put a sandbox inside, and build a fort on the back where the engines r. A piece of plywood across the engines, n then put up a frame, and more plywood, and a roof.

I can get my friend from the fire department to bring the Jaws of Life to cut a hole in the roof, so I can go in and out of my fort and use the bathroom.

Then maybe I could get MTV to pimp my RJ

Jimdandy said:

Pathetic but predictable

Come on Jimmy, you are wrong now. I don't thrive on anyone's misfortune, since our company has had more misfortune (1310 furloughs, $ billions in losses, base closures, etc) than most airlines out there. (Maybe not United or USAir) I do post articles that state problems with some airlines, but I usually just post the article. Regardless, I have an opinion and I often show it. At the same time, I know there will be future job losses at various airlines and I try not to make anyone feel any worse than they already feel. This is a crazy time in our profession, and I am fully aware of that. Re-read my comments after posting this article. They were about Fred Reed at Delta and his screw ups. I just posted the article and gave my opinion on my old boss. So, knowing that, you need to grow up. And, I don't have a crappy little life. I enjoy every minute of it. Life is what you make it. I have a life outside aviation and flightinfo believe it or not.

Bye Bye Jimmy-----General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back