Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Oh Great! AirTran beat us to it, again!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

AirTran Airways Is First Airline to Board Black Cherry Vanilla Coke(TM)
Wednesday January 11, 4:03 pm ET
ORLANDO, Fla., Jan. 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI - News), today announced that it is the first airline in the world to board Black Cherry Vanilla Coke(TM) on all flights beginning immediately. Black Cherry Vanilla Coke is the newest addition to the Coca-Cola® brand from Coca-Cola North America.

AirTran Airways has a rich history of firsts with Coca-Cola North America. The airline was the first airline in the world to board Coca-Cola Zero(TM), Coca-Cola® with Lime, Minute Maid® Lemonade, Dasani® Water and Vanilla Coke®. Today, AirTran Airways boards thirteen different Coca-Cola products including Coca-Cola Classic®, Diet Sprite Zero(TM), Coca-Cola Zero, Minute Maid Orange Juice, Dasani Water and Seagram's® Ginger Ale.
"Our airline is proud to continue our commitment to carrying the very best brands of the largest soft-drink company in the world," stated Robert L. Fornaro, president and chief operating officer. "With many airlines cutting back, we are pleased to be offering our passengers more options with the addition of Black Cherry Vanilla Coke." "The Coca-Cola Company values our relationship with AirTran Airways, and we are very pleased that AirTran Airways' passengers will now enjoy our latest product, Black Cherry Vanilla Coke," stated Don Knauss, president and chief operating officer of Coca-Cola North America.

Sounds interesting. That Cherry Dr. Pepper is nasty, though.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Why does there have to be news break everytime there is a new Coke product at Airtran. How about flying to more West Coast cities or maybe some new major announcements. It's been real quite lately. I'll guess I'll just sit back and read about Jetblue and Southwest.

climbhappy said:
Whatever happened to Snapple. why doesn't anyone care about Snapple?

Arizona is better & they come in those big cans for 99 cents.

I'll guess I'll just sit back and read about Jetblue and Southwest.

Yes, by all means check out the story about AAI offering lower fares than SWA out of MDW.

meanstreak said:
Why does there have to be news break everytime there is a new Coke product at Airtran. How about flying to more West Coast cities or maybe some new major announcements. It's been real quite lately. I'll guess I'll just sit back and read about Jetblue and Southwest.

Well, it is a major announcement for a company like them. Look who they cater to.

Tried the diet black cherry vanilla coke today...wansn't that impressed (and I'm a diet coke addict, so I consider myself an expert on the subject)

Uppercrust said:
Well, it is a major announcement for a company like them. Look who they cater to.

Uppercrusty duuude, maybe it's cause like dat ole Coka Cola is like from da A-T-L and like it be like free advertisin fer like dem and da Tranny.

Aw yeahhhhh, Crusty da clown, look at who we be caterin to. Yeah, we be caterin to da peeps who be buyin da tickets, cause its dem peeps dat be keepin dem load factors up high and stuff, and like be helpin keep da Tranny in bizznizz. Duuude, where you be workin, bro? I ain't knowin, but if dem peeps are like spendin dem greenbacks on da Tranny, then I be like lovvin dem all.

Even dem cats at da SWA be sayin dat "we be competin against da station wagon", so like make fun of da Tranny fer like chillin wit dat Wal-Mart crowd, cause as long as it's like helpin our future, then it's ALLLLL GOOOOOOOOD!!!

Uppercrust said:

Care to expand on that? Please let us all know who we cater to. Then tell us about who you're catering to.

Phaedrus said:
Yes, by all means check out the story about AAI offering lower fares than SWA out of MDW.

I'd rather read this article:

AA's soaring stock could lead to executive bonuses; unions not happy

About 1,000 American Airlines executives stand to gain bonuses thanks to the soaring price of the company’s stock. The bonus plan -- drafted in 2003 when parent-company AMR hovered near bankruptcy -- sought to reward executives and managers if the company’s stock performed as well or better than other airlines during a period that ended in 2005, Forbes/AP reports. During that period, AMR’s stock skyrocketed 169%, according to Reuters/MSN. The bonus payouts won’t be distributed until April, and the exact amounts will depend on AMR’s stock price at that time of the payout. Dan Garton, AA’s vice president of marketing, is scheduled to get the top payout, which would be valued at about $1.7 million if it were calculated today. At least three other executives would get payments of about $1.3 million based on the company’s current stock price. CEO Gerard Arpey is not included in the bonus plan.
As one might expect, AA’s unions are not happy. "Every person in management needs to clearly understand that it is absolute insanity to pay out seven-figure bonuses at a time when the company is suffering nine-figure losses, mired in eleven-figure debt and seeking further help from its employees to survive for the long term,” Ralph Hunter, an American captain who heads the Allied Pilots Association, tells the Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Latest resources

Back