• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Officially a van driver now!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got this one day from KOAK tower while on visual for 29 (29 is closer to the Fedex facility)

Tower: "Pac Valley 8700, I am sure you know this but you have a 30 kt overtake on that 737 in front of you."

Me: "No Worries"

You can slow down the Caravan real fast without even putting a negative load on the engine. Shoving the prop lever to full forward and jerking the power lever to idle on short final and getting that 'Whoosh" just slaps the turbines onto the rear thrust washers. There is no negative load restrictions that I know about on the PT-6, I just don't think its as cool as putting a little more planning in. Usually about 2/3rd down the approach lights start slowly moving the prop handle forward and the power lever back and adding the flaps as you come up on the limit speeds. By the time your over the touchdown markers your on speed. But hey, do what you have to do!

I might not have gotten this procedure exactly right as it has been a long while since I have been in a Caravan.

Last edited:
<deleted> sorry, double post

Last edited:
Hose A. Jiminez said:
Yeah, Im sure they can be a real handfull. Just try to stay out of the way.

Ouch, that hurt. Lol

What I was meaning by that is not to do stupid stuff, like fly into nasty ice or wx the plane can't handle.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back