Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Official winner of the "Flight from He!!" contest...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LXJ31

dirka dirka jihad dirka
Synopsis

Glf4 Plt Expresses Concern Over Coplt's Attitude And Competence And The Company Owner's Actions Relative To Safety Of Flt. Plt Terminated Over Disagreement With Owner.

Narrative

Having Just Recently Hired A New Coplt, My Duties As Chief Plt Required Me To Train Him To The Standards Of Our Company. During The 9 Wk Period Since Having Hired Him, He Has Made Numerous Mistakes And I Have Attempted To Correct Them. He Made Several Mistakes At The Same Time My Employer And His Family Were On Board. When I Corrected Him On One Of His Mistakes, He Became Very Angry And Got Out Of His Coplt Seat And Went Into The Cabin And Complained To Our Employer Who Came Up To The Flt Deck And Started Yelling At Me For Criticizing The Coplt. I Told Him That This Was Not The Time Nor Place To Discuss This. After Yelling At Me Some More He Finally Went To The Cabin And Sat Down. However, This Now Emboldened The Coplt Into Thinking That He Did Not Have To Comply With My Instructions. His Attitude Became Disobedient And Argumentative. He Was Very Disagreeable. While On The Gnd, The Owner Came Up To The Flt Deck And He And The Coplt Proceeded To Argue, Yell And Harass Me, Which Caused A Distr In The Fuel Procs. I Only Wanted 25000 Lbs, But Because Of The Distr, I Ended Up With 29000 Lbs. At The Same Time, Several Lights Illuminated On The Conflict Alert Sys Stall Barrier, Standby Pitot And Antiskid. I Did Not Know What Was Causing This. I Then Told The Owner That Due To The Coplt's Unruly Attitude, The Maint Items And The Fact That The Airplane Could Not Legally Land At Zzz Because It Would Be 4000 Lbs Over Its Gross Lndg Wt, That I Was Going To Cancel The Flt. At That Point He Became Very Angry And Started Arguing With Me Over My Decision To Cancel The Flt. At The Same Time The Coplt Was Encouraging The Owner That I Was Making A Wrong Decision. The Owner, Who Is Not A Plt, Then Gave Me An Angry Ultimatum -- Either I Fly The Flt Or I Would Be Terminated. Much To My Regret, I Flew The Flt. During The Flt, The Coplt Was Uncooperative, Argumentative And Unsafe. At The Same Time During The Flt, The Owner Came To The Flt Deck Approx 5 Or 6 Times To Express His Anger And Displeasure With Me. On 2 Of These Occasions, He Made Me Get Out Of My Plt Seat To Talk To Him. In The Vestibule, While Doing This, He Was Poking Me In The Chest With His Finger And Questioning My Mgmnt Style. I Kept Telling Him That This Was Not The Time Nor The Place To Discuss Those Matters. I Had To Order Him Several Times To Sit Down And That He Was Not To Interfere With Me In The Performance Of My Duties. I Also Warned Him That The Seatbelt Sign Was Illuminated And That By Reg He Was To Be In His Seat. At One Point I Had To Warn Him That If He Didn't Comply With My Order I Would Declare An Emer And Land At The Nearest Arpt. When I Told Him That, He Threatened That He And The Coplt Would Fly The Airplane. Not Wanting To Risk That, I Just Continued To Let Myself Be Yelled At And Harassed. On The Apch, The Coplt Would Not Give Me Any Readouts -- Alt, Airspd, Rwy In Sight, And No Readouts After Lndg, Gnd Spoilers, Thrust Reversers Deployed Or Spd Readouts. After The Pax Deplaned, The Owner Took Me Into The Plt Crew Lounge To Talk To Me. He Asked Me If I Was Going To Fly The Rest Of The Flt. I Told Him No Because I Considered It Unsafe Because Of The Coplt's Attitude And The Maint. I Did Tell Him I Would Accept The Flt With A Different Coplt And With The Maint Items Looked At. He Became Angry And Started Yelling At Me And Quite Unexpectedly Pushed Me On The Chest Causing Me To Fall To The Floor Striking My Back And The Back Of My Head On The Handle Of A Reclining Chair. I Got Up As Quick As I Was Able And Left The Airplane. I Since Have Been Terminated, And The Company Obtained A Contract Plt.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just so you know, it was in all caps on the ASRS website and flightinfo.com submittal changed it...

So this means they're hiring? Any info on pay or QOL??????????????????????

Wow.

owner is poking you in the chest and yelling at you. You basically know your going to quit or get fired. There is no happy ending in this.

Do you A- Land the plane in the smallest runway you can find and say good luck bro getting it out.
Do you B- Take his pointy finger and break it off in his ass?
Do you C- Call atc and let them know your aircraft is jeopardy with hostiles in the cockpit.
Do you D- Do what Chuck Norris would do. All of the above.

Why Are You Capitalizing Every Word?

It Makes It Very Hard To Read. Maybe The CoPilot Has A Point About Your Style. Pehaps You Are A Bit Weird And Difficult To Work With Although I Would Admit That He Went About It All Wrong. Good Luck.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I copied and pasted the above from a NASA report from the ASRS website. They are published online in all capitals; apparently when you put something in all caps on the Flightinfo.com reply window, it changes it to capitalize the first letter of each word, I'm not sure why.

In any event, it was some other unlucky person, not me, that went through all that.

I know this isn't the career-wise-minded thing to do, but if he pushed me down onto the floor like that in the pilots lounge, I'd stand up and knock his a$$ out, and tell him where he could stick that job. I don't care who you are, what your job title is, or how much money you got in the bank, you do NOT treat somebody with that much disrespect. I can take a few finger pointing to the chest, but getting that physical with someone is completely out of line, and shouldn't go unretaliated.

Your job is out the window anyways at that point, so you might as well have a good story to tell to all your buddies, with all that time your going to have unemployed... ;)

After getting pushed down like that you might think he could sue the owner and own his own g4

Bandit60 said:
After getting pushed down like that you might think he could sue the owner and own his own g4
Exactly. Call the cops 1st, then have the guy arrested for assault. That'll shut him up. Then hit the ER and get checked out. Hit your head and you are a pilot but its tough to focus now??? That could be career ending. It'd be like the cartoons with the $$ signs in the Coyote's eyes. That would be the most expensive push that guy ever made.
The PIC does come off as a little arrogant though. There is no telling how he was talking to the co-pilot. Sounds like he was on him pretty good. There is only so much of that a guy can take. From his wording in the report, I am suspicious that he is the kind of Capt that wants you to screw up as much as possible so he can go back and show/tell the boss "how horrible this guy is, just like all the others that have come through here in the past year, and I am the only one that can fly your airplane the way it's supposed to be flown." Maybe that is not the case, but it sounds like it is. I'm sure there is plenty more to this story.

Im with Hawker F/O.

The guy was assaulted. Thats gotta be worth 50-100K out of court settlement!

Nobody can put their hands on you.

Of course...my reaction would have been to knock every one of his teeth out and break both his arms. Fights on once you are struck!

sounds pretty wild to me.

Last edited:
Look at it this way, with all your free time you can Enroll In Some English Classes At The Local Junior College.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back