• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NYRANGERS

Recall Schedule of Furloughed Delta Pilots
May 19, 2004

In accordance with Arbitrator Richard Bloch's ruling, Delta and ALPA have reached an agreement regarding the recall rate of furloughed Delta pilots. Beginning July 1, Delta will recall pilots at the rate of 30 per month except for August and September 2004, which will be at the rate of 45 pilots each. All 1,000 furloughed pilots covered by the ruling must be offered recall effective no later than June 1, 2006. In addition, management has agreed to recall the 60 most junior furloughees not protected by the contract's no furlough clause no later than August 2006.

Following are the minimum recall numbers for July-October:
* July 1: 30
* Aug. 1: 45
* Sept. 1: 45
* Oct. 1: 30

Thereafter, management will recall at least 30 pilots per month to active service. The minimum number each month is the number of furloughed pilots returned to active pay status and does not include those who choose to bypass, take leaves of absence or are on medical hold. Therefore, the number of pilots removed from the furlough list each month will very likely be above the minimums listed. The company must average approximately 42 offers of recall per month to meet the completion rate.

Delta will offer fixed term three- and five-year leaves of absence.

Further details on the recall process will be available on the Furlough Pilot Support Network section of the Delta MEC website.

On behalf of the MEC, thank you for you support of the furloughed pilots during the last two years. We look forward to welcoming these pilots back to the cockpit.

Usually an airline announces a growth plan and then hires pilots to meet that growth. Hiring pilots without growth is unsustainable. Hence there's three options:

1. actual growth
2. threat of bankruptcy resulting in union concessions
3. actual bankruptcy resulting in union concessions

I don't like to guess when it comes to people's livlihoods but I'm not optimistic.

Dude

TWA Dude said:
Usually an airline announces a growth plan and then hires pilots to meet that growth. Hiring pilots without growth is unsustainable. Hence there's three options:

1. actual growth
2. threat of bankruptcy resulting in union concessions
3. actual bankruptcy resulting in union concessions

I don't like to guess when it comes to people's livlihoods but I'm not optimistic.

Dude

Since you don't work for Delta, you don't have to worry about it.;)

NYRANGERS:

You're right; I'm not worried about it. Did you have a point to make?

Sorry if you were just being flippant, but we're talking about some pretty high hopes for a thousand pilots here.

Dude

Last edited:
TWA Dude said:
NYRANGERS:

You're right; I'm not worried about it. Did you have a point to make?

Dude

No, no point. I understand you don't think a recall will happen before Delta files Chap 11.

I just posted what I got from our MEC in regards to the furlough recall. There are many things that may take place that could mitigate the recall or stop it all together. We are all well aware of this.........it just gets tiring of some here who constantly piss in our cornflakes every time a little bit of good news comes out.

So be thankfull you are not furloughed from Delta and will not have to worry about our situation. As far as Chap 11 for Delta, we are all well aware of that posibility.

Hope good news is on the horizon for you American Airline guys. Take care and lets all hope for the best.

NYR

That number will be below or near the number of retirements each mo, well that would be a quick and dirty numbers guess.

NYRANGERS said:
...it just gets tiring of some here who constantly piss in our cornflakes every time a little bit of good news comes out.

I certainly didn't mean to piss on anyone's good news. I'm just saying I don't get it. I know it was a contract violation to furlough those pilots in the first place but now it seems that DAL is being forced to recall pilots it doesn't need. Do you really think it's going to happen? For the sake of those pilots I'd be happy to hear an announcement of DAL's plan to grow significantly. Could ALPA possibly be pissing on it's own? (naw, that would never happen)

Hope good news is on the horizon for you American Airline guys. Take care and lets all hope for the best. NYR

Thanks, but truth be known, I'm not sure what would constitute good news these days. I've restarted my career here at America West and I'm glad to be away from the poisonous atmosphere at AA. I just wanna have fun. Take care yourself.

Dude

NYRANGERS,

That's great news and I couldn't be happier for you!

Classy response, but I that's what I would expect from you, we've flown together a few times.

Hang in there, you'll be back on line at DL before you know it.

hank

NYRANGERS said:
So be thankfull you are not furloughed from Delta and will not have to worry about our situation.
NYR
A couple of you have posted something like this. When Delta recalls it will create some hiring motion as they leave whatever they are doing now. Unfortunately, my sense of this is that Delta management is playing games with you. They didn't bother to recall until they had to and it can all be tanked by a bankruptcy filing. Good luck returning to the "one big happy aviation family".:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back